C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for feedback on front monospring systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Terrys69coupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for feedback on front monospring systems

Hi need to change my front springs on my BB convert and figured if i was tearing into the front end why not update ,To a monospring .I see theirs 2 types .Was wondering who using what and what they think .Do they work well with big blocks ,do they clear headers and at a later date steeroids .Besides some weight loss ,I wondered if the handling was greatly improved.Or should i just buy a new set of coils.Thanks Terry.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: looking for feedback on front monospring systems (Terrys69coupe)

I know a member by the name of Fireball has the front mono leaf on his 73BB. Perhaps if you searched the archives under his name you'de find some info. I remember him posting about the subject during his swap.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:48 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I have BB, monospring, rack n pinion and headers combo and everything work well together. :yesnod:
Old 01-01-2003, 12:39 PM
CORKYVET
Instructor

Default Re: looking for feedback on front monospring systems (groovyjay)

I've been considering the VBP front monospring P.N. 42129 (spring only) for a long time now. Looking for a smoother ride up front on these pothole Houston streets. Can somebody sell me on this and is the conversion fairly easy? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:30 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

It is just a bolt on I guess. Here is a pic (not my car):
Old 01-01-2003, 05:11 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: looking for feedback on front monospring systems (Schmucker)

It is just a bolt on I guess. Here is a pic (not my car):
I have this system on the 8T1 Vette.....You will be amazed how fast you can go around a corner without having the car lean into the turn....car will stay flat through the turn....There's three settings....Mild to wild....I have mine set on the middle setting....However if I decided to go "left turn" " right turn" racing, I would go to the stiffest....Right now it's just right for straight blast down the drag strip.....
It's not just a bolt on and V/B will need to fire that guy drilling the holes for the shocks....I ordered Bilstien Shocks along with their Mono Spring System and the shocks would not fit without elongating the holes in the shocks to properly line up for the bolt install.....There's some minor glitches however nothing that a person with some mechanical skills can't overcome. :seeya Cappy
Old 01-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Terrys69coupe
Instructor

Default Re: looking for feedback on front monospring systems (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

Thanks guys . The picture was real helpful to give me an idea where everything falls.Of the 2 systems what ones did you guys use.Thanks again terry
Old 01-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So the front monospring runs under the frame and lower a frames. Am I the only one who would be worried about loss of ground clearance and the possibility of something hitting the spring and damaging it?
Old 01-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: looking for feedback on front monospring systems (Dalannex)

So the front monospring runs under the frame and lower a frames. Am I the only one who would be worried about loss of ground clearance and the possibility of something hitting the spring and damaging it?
GROUND CLEARANCE????? Cappy has on his and doesn't have any ground clearance issues.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for feedback on front monospring systems

Quick Reply: looking for feedback on front monospring systems