C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 07:20 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height

Where can I get some of these?

I removed the bolts I have because the car sits too high. Turns out that whoever worked on the car before actually cut off the bolts. :( I need another 1-2" of adjustability to get the rear ride height where I want it.

I went down to an Industrial Supply shop which has very good top-quality fasteners, and they could not help me. So I just bolted it back together for now.

These things are 9/16" diameter, fine thread, and I need two bolts that are ~9" long. Mine are 7" (probably were 8" originally before being cut).

Where is a good source for these? Obviously I want Grade 8 or better.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:28 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height (WA 2 FST)

You can get the bolts used on fiberglass springs from places like Vette Brakes and Products or one of the other big suppliers. They are longer and allow you to adjust the ride height. I wouldn't use just any bolt because the entire rear of your car depends on those two bolts so get the right ones. :seeya
Old 12-31-2002, 07:41 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height (vettfixr)

Thanks, vettfixr.

I agree that this is not something to skimp on. I have a next-to-new VBP 'glass spring on there, and the bushings are in super shape (replaced when the car was restored not too long ago). The bolts in there now are top-quality, but just too short.

I will call VBP and see if they can hook me up. Couldn't find anything at their on-line website.

Thanks! :)
Old 12-31-2002, 08:48 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height (WA 2 FST)

You could try Ecklers or Mid America too. I think they sell VB&P stuff and they might have the spring bolts too. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:48 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height (Ed T)

Thanks!

I did an intense search on the VBP site and found what I was looking for. They make some 8", 10", 12" long bolts. They look _exactly_ like what I have on the car...too bad the guy who installed them cut them off too short. The car was jacked up a bit high b/c he had a real low-riding exhaust which I've since replaced with sidepipes. So, he obviously didn't need them to be any longer.

I'll order me some 10" ones on Thursday.

Thanks for all the help, guys.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:16 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height (Ed T)

At least say something about my jackstand! :lol:
I think I paid under $20 for that spring bolt kit, with new rubbers & nyloc nut, etc. Thats a lot of $ for what you are really getting.............but I didnt think that way when I had a job!
:lol: :lol: ;)
:lol:

Ed, is that what you folks back in the northeast call "Yankee engineering"? :)

I believe $20 is right in the ballpark on the prices I saw. That may indeed seem like a lot, but for a Grade 8+ bolt this long in 9/16" diameter that is not outrageous, IMHO.

Old 12-31-2002, 10:11 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

:thumbs: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=438536
Old 07-19-2014, 12:38 AM
buccaneer1961
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can i get more squat from my 1972 vette?

Originally Posted by vettfixr
You can get the bolts used on fiberglass springs from places like Vette Brakes and Products or one of the other big suppliers. They are longer and allow you to adjust the ride height. I wouldn't use just any bolt because the entire rear of your car depends on those two bolts so get the right ones.
ive easy down shocks the fiberglass leaf spring in the back,ive 550 hp and it gets all over the road...can I adjust the leafspring? ive products also from dragvette.com but I get no squat,i put my hands on it and try to bounce it up/down but it dosent bounce but is still...what to do?

Get notified of new replies

To Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height

Quick Reply: Need rear suspension leaf spring bolts that adjust ride height