C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 06:40 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!!

I have this nearly new Holley 650 DP with mechanical secondaries it is a spreadbore 4011 (wierd model.) The problem is that the fuel inlets interfere with every aircleaner base I've tried. A stock type cleaner doesn't work at all, the breather tube coming off the bottom won't clear any part of the carb. With the breather tube removed then the angle of the fuel inlets is wrong for Holley's dropbase, on a normal Holley the fuel lines angle down at a 45 degree angle. On this carb they stick straight out to the side. Here's some pictures of the carb, the last one shows a stock dropbase aircleaner and how it hits the fuel inlets. I'm thinking about notching the base for the lines, and then using JB Weld to build some covers for them inside the air cleaner. It would be a lot easier just to get a base that fits. I've tried K&N's cleaner base and it didn't work either? Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 12-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!! (Smokehouse69)

You could try a couple of banjo fittings and a Tee. I used to use one on my Camaro when I had a Holley 4160 on there with a drop-base air cleaner. The fuel fitting was in the same position.

Old 12-31-2002, 10:02 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!! (Smokehouse69)

I just e-mailed you a copy and past of the fuel line adapter you need for that carb. It angles the line down so you can use a standard drop base. I've had a few of these carbs and had to beat the bushes to find parts and pieces to make them fit and run correctly :cheers:
The following users liked this post:
couture_cory (03-21-2020)
Old 12-31-2002, 10:24 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!! (yellow 72)

Pic will not post so I e-mailed that also..hope it helps :cheers:

[Modified by yellow 72, 10:27 PM 12/31/2002]
Old 01-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!! (yellow 72)

Thanks Mike, the picture looks great and the adaptors ought to work!
Old 01-01-2003, 01:48 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!! (Steve Straus)

Steve, I've thought about Banjo fittings and wasn't sure if they would fit the 4011, either the Banjos or the angle fittings Mike suggested ought to work better than what I have now.
Thanks both of you guys!
Old 01-01-2003, 02:01 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

I used for my setup (80528 Holley) a 1 1/4 inch drop base air filter base. I actually bought a Holley drop base filter setup at Discount Auto Parts for approx. $20. However - I didn't use the 3 inch paper filter that came with the assembly.. I used a 2 1/4 inch K&N filter with this assembly.. and it works great.. the Holley base should work with any Holley carb!! The best of all.. It's not too expensive and a drop base setup.. which is important if you ran a high rise intake under a stock hood..

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 PM
couture_cory
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with picture of fitting

Originally Posted by yellow 72
I just e-mailed you a copy and past of the fuel line adapter you need for that carb. It angles the line down so you can use a standard drop base. I've had a few of these carbs and had to beat the bushes to find parts and pieces to make them fit and run correctly
would you be able to share with me the pictures of the correct fuel line fittings so I can use my drop base breather with my 4011 carb? Thank you
Old 03-22-2020, 12:40 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by couture_cory
would you be able to share with me the pictures of the correct fuel line fittings so I can use my drop base breather with my 4011 carb? Thank you
Cory this thread is from 2002, Start a thread from the upper left of the page and ask your question.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!!

Quick Reply: Help me find an Air Cleaner Base for this carb, PLEASE!!