C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many other seats will fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 12:52 PM
KKC78
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many other seats will fit?

The seats in my 78 are just about dead. I was wondering if any other seats from other years will fit? I like the mid 80's seat style but I don't want to buy the seats and find out they won't match the floor board holes or track mounts. I have seen other C3's with different seats but no explaination as too how difficult a swap it was to get the seats in there.

Just curious.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Bullyj
Burning Brakes

Default Re: How many other seats will fit? (KKC78)

I spoke with Cheese he put C5 seats in his C3 he said it was easy.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:33 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see another local C3 member.

There have been a few members that have installed manual adjusting C4 seats by modifying the seat rails. I don't know of anyone getting the electric seats to work.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:15 PM
spikezz4
Pro

We upgraded to a pair of manual 1988 Corvette seats using the old 77 seat tracks. Now we want to go to 1994 Corvette seats, with the possibility of getting the driver's seat electrical in order to get some front end tilt without the use of spacers on the front bolts. As long as you can fabricate something to get the seat placed between the console and door panel without rubbing, and you have head clearance with the t-tops, just about any Corvette seat will do.
Spike
Old 01-01-2003, 09:20 PM
dreamn2
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed 98 Pace car seats in mine with the 6 way power and lumbar. I beleive the C4 power seats are a little different than the C5 and might pose more of a clearance problem.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:54 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How many other seats will fit? (dreamn2)

dreamn2
I think you posted this before. I dont remember if you posted any interior shots though.

Is it possible to see how these look installed?

I have a couple of question I hope you would answer for me.

Did the C5 seat raise the seat height much-at it lowest setting?
Do you have any problem with seat back angle hitting the rear floor behind the seat?

The reason I ask is I'm 6'1'' and my full power existing 82 seat just barely gives the angle I need to be comfy. Would love to go C5 seats but am wondering if they offer a little less room than the 82s.

Best Regards,
Brent...
Old 01-02-2003, 02:33 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I have installed pair of Sparco's in my 79. Click on the link in my sig to see pics... And welcome :cheers:
Old 01-02-2003, 02:38 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: How many other seats will fit? (dreamn2)

dreamn2,
I need to update the (72) seats in my '69 and yours look interesting. Would you please provide details and interior pics.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-03-2003, 12:01 AM
dreamn2
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: How many other seats will fit? (pws69)

Here's the rundown:The seats are still on C5 tracks. I cut the "curl" off the front of the tracks and redrilled the floorpan. The holes actually were only about an inch or 2 off from originals and ended up in the reinforcement plates. They are six way power w/lumbar. The motors fit fine due to the original recess in the floorpan. I left the original bolt flange on the back of the C5 tracks to bolt down the backs and used the hole closest to the front in the tracks to do the front and used carriage bolts. The only problem I'm having is bypassing the Memory module for the drivers seat. Passenger seat works great. I'm 6'1" andto me the ride height is great. It's a convertible and I still have at least 3-4" clearance with the top up. They are far more comfortable and the look of the seatbacks sitting just above the rear deck just looks great to me. Hope that helps
Old 01-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

I just put seats from an '87 in my '73. The fitment was a bit tricky but it worked. I had to use my old tracks and the seats still didn't line up perfectly. I had to redrill 2 holes per side but as with dreamn2 the holes were in line with the support plate underneath so that worked out. The C4 seats are a bit higher but actually it's kinda nice...I'm 6'0" and it puts me right in perfect line to hang my elbow out the window and with the T-tops on I still have a few inches of headroom. The best mod I have done to date I think. :yesnod:
Old 01-03-2003, 08:01 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: How many other seats will fit? (Mystery Machine)

i too want to switch to newer seats,and if they sat up some thats fine with me im short at 5,6 and with the hood raised i have trouble seeing over the right fender anyway,so that would help out, idreamin those seats really set that car off,nice job.

Get notified of new replies

To How many other seats will fit?

Quick Reply: How many other seats will fit?