C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late...

Old 12-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late...

But He sure did bring a very nice present. Much appreciated! And more broadly this is the type of positive experience I have always had in dealing with C3 Forum Members :) .

Old 12-30-2002, 06:50 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late... (paul79)

That's great Paul. I have had only good experiences doing business with the guys on the forum. :yesnod: :cheers:
Old 12-30-2002, 06:52 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:cool: I too have had nothing but good dealings with everyone in C3 (except 73-454 and his on-again/off-again BB headers....:lol:).
Old 12-30-2002, 08:03 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not worry one minute dealing with EdT. He is pretty much what this board stands for.

I have had many transactions with forum members and all have been excellent.

Members that have been here for a few years and have a lot of post. They should be the very best to deal with.

Old 12-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late... (bamavettes)

When the valve covers did not arrive by mail by Christmas, Ed proposed a search by US Mail as the package was insured. My reply was just wait; the mail is slow this time of year. But I appreciated his concern :yesnod:. BTW, those covers have already been chemically cleaned, primed and painted. They look very nice although the paint is not yet dry.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late... (Ed T)

The covers are painted but I am not impressed by that PlastiKote engine paint. It is very brittle. And chipped when I ran the razor blade along the ribs. I may strip and try again. But this is a good start!

*Edit*-Any suggestions as to a better paint would be appreciated. Plastikote chipped down the edges of the ribs when I ran the razor blade down. I need something more pliable.

[Modified by paul79, 7:41 PM 1/1/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 03:48 PM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

When I was doing the satin black Krylon on my center console plate. I waited 10-15 mintes after painting, so the paint is dry ..but not hard, I simply took a Q-Tip with a spot of Goof-off...ran it along the raised edge...it worked great...it removes the paint and leaves a nice "feathered" edge. With the raised ribs on the valve cover...you could probably use a cloth wrapped around a the blade of a flat bladed screw driver, again with goof-off (not too much..you want it damp..not wet) and get great results.

cheers
Nick
Old 01-02-2003, 04:06 PM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late... (lvrpool32)

How about a 1200 sandpaper and water? :cheers:
Old 01-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late... (Ed T)

Ed, Nick and BB. I stripped them down to bare metal last evening and started all over again. But I am now happy with the outcome (below). My mistake was laying on the paint too thick and cooking at 200F for too long. I will now let them cure at room temperature for some time and install them in April. Then allow engine heat to comlete the process.

Ed, I tried the Seymour people before. There are two problems. PastiKote costs me about $6.95CDN per can locally. By the time I get a Seymour can into Canada it would be about $30.00CDN or more with shipping, brokerage fees, etc. (I have ranted on importing products before.) But I tried and Seymour refused to ship. No aerosol cans allowed in cross-border shipments?? I will try to find their reply but I may have deletd it.

In any case, I am happy with my work of last evening.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks EdT. Santa was a little late...