C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first C3, coming soon to a home near me

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 03:45 PM
semvhu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first C3, coming soon to a home near me

I am jumping on the C3 bandwagon. I've always wanted a '71; it's the year I was born, and I've been in love with the style ever since I first saw one. I have a cousin that is the original owner of a '71 350 t-top with a 4-speed manaul. He is ready to sell the car because it's been a long time since he's messed with it and he's ready to get a good daily driver instead. The car has 32,000 original miles and is in pristine condition. He's had it painted once; the paint and interior look to me like they are in excellent condition. He says it needs a good tuneup and the brakes need work. He also says it's a 425 hp 350, but according to my research, the only 425 hp engine in '71 was the 454 LS6. Either he's mistaken about the hp rating, he's mistaken about the engine size, or there is something I'm missing. I'm hoping he's mistaken about the engine size and I'm really getting a 454. :D Doubtful, but I can hope, can't I?

I was the first person he offered it to, so how could I not jump on the deal? I told him I would buy the car, and I plan on closing the deal this weekend. Maybe his tuneup only needs a carb cleaning, maybe new spark plugs and wires. I'm no gearhead, but my dad is a great mechanic, and maybe I'll learn a few things while I watch him do his thing. :) Every time I try to help him with something, it always ends up with me watching him do all the work because he won't let me do anything hands-on. :lol:

Anyway, I hope to join the C3 crowd before the week is up. If I do, I'll be sure to post pics somewhere on here and keep you guys up-to-date on the status of my new (old) baby. :seeya
Old 12-30-2002, 04:06 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Re: My first C3, coming soon to a home near me (semvhu)

Congrats! Post 'em when you got 'em :cheers:
Old 12-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Sounds like you will be getting a nice car. With a C3 you will most likely get to have some quality hands on time at some point. Get us some pics.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:10 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

I am jumping on the C3 bandwagon. I've always wanted a '71; it's the year I was born, and I've been in love with the style ever since I first saw one. I have a cousin that is the original owner of a '71 350 t-top with a 4-speed manaul. He is ready to sell the car because it's been a long time since he's messed with it and he's ready to get a good daily driver instead. The car has 32,000 original miles and is in pristine condition. He's had it
I have been keeping an eye out for a resonably priced '71 Vert, as it is my birth year also. I would like to get a Vert, do a frame off build up (not a restoration) and do the 502 Ram Jet or 383 under the ramjet, a 6 speed and a nice red on red paint and interior.

Oh well, I need to finish the one I have now before I do another.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Default Re: My first C3, coming soon to a home near me (BSeery)

:cool: Congrats on the new Vette, I can't wait to see a picture. I've got my fingers crossed for you, a 454 would be awsome :cheers:
Old 12-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrats I hope you enjoy it and I hope that it is a BB :cheers:
Old 12-31-2002, 04:31 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Very :cool: I bet you'll enjoy driving it more than the C4 :jester They turn heads, that's for sure :yesnod:
Old 12-31-2002, 07:18 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: My first C3, coming soon to a home near me (theanswriz42)

Congrats on getting your c3,it still coudve been a 350 but modified to 425 horse,but a 454 would be ice too,good luck and post some pictures when you get it. :cheers:
Old 12-31-2002, 10:19 AM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

COOL !!

I have always wanted (well for a few years) a 65 - same year as me.
However, the price has gone higher than I can pay - so I "settle" for an
early C3. :lol: :lol:

Good luck. She sounds like a really nicely kept ride.
Hurry up with pics when she arrives.

PS - are you sure that your Dad isn't secretly de-tuning your car so that his is faster ? :jester
Old 12-31-2002, 11:06 AM
semvhu
Instructor

Default Re: My first C3, coming soon to a home near me (Daves_rusty_75)

PS - are you sure that your Dad isn't secretly de-tuning your car so that his is faster ?
:lol: :smash: The day a stock Chevy or Dodge turbo diesel is faster than any Corvette (besides maybe the very early ones or the let-downs Chevy gave us in the mid 70s to early 80s) is the day I buy myself a Mustang. :crazy: :steering:

But he has had some Corvettes over the years, I know for sure he owned a '69 once, and he had a '59 in need of restoration up till about 15 years ago. Why, oh why, he ever sold those cars is beyond me. Sure, he needed money to build some chicken houses, but who cares about "making money" or "feeding your family"? Heh, well, I guess I do.... :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To My first C3, coming soon to a home near me

Quick Reply: My first C3, coming soon to a home near me