C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from vacation. Time to get to work.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 01:09 PM
ice pac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from vacation. Time to get to work.

I just returned from a 7 day cruise out of Miami. Weather was real nice. Too bad myself and my family all got the virus on the ship. I'm real glad its over with and I am comfortably back home. :flag

Now it's time to get the car running. I am still fighting with the fuel line. After two attempts at bending one to match the OEM, I've decided to go with steel-braided. Any down side to braided vs. solid?
I adjusted my valves before I left, but didn't have time to run it and see if they're correct. I followed the shop manual's instructions although I've seen a couple different ways on here. I'll see how it goes.
And some of you have read the problems I've had with Wilcox. They still havn't credited my account and if it's not done by the end of the week I'm going to send a certified letter as Joey told me. Still don't have my seats that I ordered 3 months ago. :mad
And finally I'll be ordering headers and dual exhaust within the next week or so. Where's the best place to order, or should I even consider locally?

Thanks,
-J.thib
Old 12-30-2002, 02:16 PM
ice pac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Back from vacation. Time to get to work. (ice pac)

Update:
Just got off the phone with Ernie from Wilcox. He cleared everything up. He told me the 5% does NOT apply to carpet, seat covers, or door panels. The ad in Chevy and Corvette Trader is very misleading about this.So instead of it being $120, it was only about $35. And it was credited to each individual item when I was billed. So appearantly it was an oversight on my part. I just wished they would've explained that one of the 5 previous times I called instead of just telling me that they'll credit me. Well regardless, they made good and my seats should be in by the end of next week.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Back from vacation. Time to get to work. (ice pac)

Glad you got the stuff straightened out with Wilcox................Sorry to hear about the Virus though

Get notified of new replies

To Back from vacation. Time to get to work.

Quick Reply: Back from vacation. Time to get to work.