C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER?????

Old 12-29-2002, 08:40 AM
frisk3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER?????

I read a post from someone on the glue from Lowes that was used to fasten down the carpet. I unfortunately did not make note of the brand etc. Does anyone know what it was? I've used 3M and was not impressed with the results on another of my cars and am looking for an alternative. Also does the foil like insulation sold at building supply companies really work in stopping heat from entering the cabin? What thickness & type should be used? Lastly is there a way to search the archives by subject (eg) carpet etc so I don't repeat topics already covered?
Thanking you all in advance and happy New Years.
GEORGE (frisk3)
Old 12-29-2002, 10:17 AM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER????? (frisk3)

I'm on my second can of the 3m stuff and have had no problems. The trick is to apply it to both sides and let it set for a couple of minutes until it gets tacky before trying to glue the two pieces together.

I got the thin Reflectix insulation from Lowes after reading several other posts. It is thin and supposedly does a good job. I won't have any personal experience until Springtime.

I've got a picture of it down, except for under the center console, at this link. http://home.attbi.com/~jchadwick/interior.htm

Bob

[Modified by Bobchad, 4:26 PM 12/29/2002]
Old 12-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Geoff1340
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the interior on my 77 with Home Depot stuff & 3-M spray adhesive, made a very noticable difference in cabin comfort and noise reduction, of course chambered exhaust is still audible.... :yesnod:
Old 12-29-2002, 11:37 AM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER????? (Geoff1340)

I used Liquid Nails to do the roll insulation in my car. I got the insulation at a hotrod shop $18-20/roll
Old 12-29-2002, 11:45 AM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

I used the 3M also and had no problem. As stated previously apply it to both sides and let dry before laying the carpet down. Installing the heat shield helped in mine! :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER?????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LOWE'S CARPET GLUE AND SOUND DEADNER?????