C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 09:24 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition

Went to Ford yesterday to purchased the following:

oil filter.........................6.89
oil x 6qt.........................15.66
air filter.........................25.73
fuel filter.......................16.04
trans fluid x 6qt.............19.69
trans filter.....................26.64
rearend lube x 3qt.........52.35
posi additive3oz............. 3.60
tax...............................10.00
Total 176.59

I could do the same to 2 vettes for approx have of that price. I was also going to replace the brake pads on the front and rear because when I was in Afghanistan my wife had Tire kingdom put new tires and brake pads on and they used some cheap crap that leaves my wheels black with brake dust all the time. But Ford wants $90.00 for the front and $80.00 for the rear pads. That is crazy. I will do the brakes in a couple months I guess I need to run a few of the $170.00 that my wife paid for the Tire kingdom job out before I replace them. These prices are almost stupid. I could not afford even 1 vette if the regular maintenance cost this much money. :eek:
Old 12-28-2002, 11:18 AM
terryrudy
Drifting

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (76 Red)

:crazy: :eek:

Wow, I don't feel so bad about the prices I pay for my wife's Land Rover Discovery parts!!! (about the same)
-terry
Old 12-28-2002, 11:25 AM
zZArAZz
Racer

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (terryrudy)

Tell me about it!!

And forget about the resale value...
Old 12-28-2002, 12:27 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (76 Red)

Why did you buy that stuff from the Ford dealer? Of course they're going to stiff you. I can buy the exact same oil filter at Wally World for less than 4 bucks. Don't be afraid to use aftermarket tune-up parts.

But spend the money for the Ford brake pads. I've had nothing but grief with non-OEM pads :yesnod: And teach your wife to ease up to a stoplight, not hammer the brakes at the last minute! :jester
Old 12-28-2002, 12:51 PM
a454corvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (page62)

And teach your wife to ease up to a stoplight, not hammer the brakes at the last minute! :jester
They can't help it. It's encoded in the extra chromosone engineered into them.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Ih2lose
Melting Slicks

Received 330 Likes on 196 Posts

How about I have a f150 pick up and the terminal for the battery cable rotted away at the starter.I went to ford to get a new battery wire the only thing is its not called a battery wire its called a harness and cost's 180.00 and would have to be special ordered.I went to the auto parts store and purchased a terminal you use for the a arc welders ground and the truck is running again with a .85 cent terminal
Old 12-28-2002, 01:29 PM
PB82CE
Pro

76Red, I also have a 2000 Expedition. Great truck in the bad weather like snow etc...
I keep having to bring it back for the idler pulleys on the belt? :eek:
Whats that all about?? Any problem with yours??
Old 12-28-2002, 02:43 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (PB82CE)

page62: I have been hearing crap from my wife about me procrastinating doing the maint on the truck. She drives is most of the time. She thinks if it is not "OEM" it is junk. I was trying to prove a point to her. Thinking that she would flip out over the price for tune up crap that she would get off my back on vehicle maint, and think that she would see that I do not spend near that money on vette tune ups that she would just leave this stuff to me to take care of. Well I was wrong it did not faze her one bit I spent that much money on "Her" truck. Next time I will buy this stuff at NAPA or Central Auto Parts.

PB82CE: I have not had a problem one with this truck. Well except when my wife backed into a new Buick that was $800.00 the insurance had to pay. Then there was when she backed into my 76 vette That was real nice on the new fiberglass bumper. I have had it for 3 years and no problems.

Ed T: I will be buying this stuff else where from now on. I need to go get a pump to suck out the rearend I will do that next month, It is a 65,000 mi thing I am at 48,000. so no hurry there.

Oh yeah the counter guy yesterday gave me the wrong trans filter took it back today when it would not fit he says yeah we have one left he went an got it and it was full of ants :eek: Yep ants FULL!. I said I don't want that He said it won't hurt anything :eek: I said write me up a warranty stating that If my trans burns up before the next scheduled filter change Ford will honor it and replace my trans free. He would not do it. And said he did not have any more. Well there was one sitting on the counter ready for the service department to pick up. He said I can't give you that because the vehicle is out there that they were about to service. I said put the one full of ants in that one and give me this filter. He hesitated a minute and gave it to me. I said after it was in my hands, I will never bring my truck here for service. If I could have been sure what person owned the F-150 that was about to get that filter I would have told them. But I had no Idea who's truck or where they were at. I guess "Built Ford Tough" just took on a new meaning. :lol: :lol:
Old 12-28-2002, 02:45 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (Ed T)

Ed I only use those tools on the Vette. :smash: :smash:
Just kidding.
Old 12-29-2002, 04:13 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition (Ed T)

I agree, get the OEM brake parts...
But you really need to not buy anymore of the factory ford oil...Its the same crap that goes into the haveline/napa bottles. It will fill your motor with sludge.
I used it, and had to tear into a motor at 59,000 miles. There was way more sludge in there than should have been.

Get notified of new replies

To Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition

Quick Reply: Here is an example that it is cheaper to own 2 vettes than 1 Expedition