C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"How to" question about the area around my Wiper controls.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "How to" question about the area around my Wiper controls.

How can a person restore the area around the wiper controls. The part that says "Corvette", and around the wiper switch. The paint is getting bad on mine, some scratchs, and it's wearing off in spots around the "Corvette", showing to much silver.

Can this be bought new? I haven't seen this part in any catalogs.

It got up to 40 degrees today, so I talked my wife into a little drive. I can't wait to drop that top, summer will not get here soon anough.
:cool:

[Modified by Tater74Roadster, 12:11 AM 12/27/2002]
Old 12-26-2002, 11:14 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: "How to" question about the area around my Wiper controls. (Tater74Roadster)

You must have a non-A/C car. This area is part of the center bezel assembly and can be painted, but it requires removal from the car and of all the gauges (to do it right). New center metal bezels range from $160 to $200, and you must transfer you current guages, lights, etc.

Alternatively, you can paint the bare bezel black and use a scraper to reveal the chrome "Corvette" letters and the wiper position markings.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: "How to" question about the area around my Wiper controls.