C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMParts Direct - bummin me out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 03:17 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default GMParts Direct - bummin me out.

Well I just recieved a package of jets and metering rods from ;) {Non-supporting vendor};) and I think I'm hosed. These guys charged me 75% shipping and handling and did little more than throw it in a padded envelope and hand it to the Samsonite gorillas at UPS.

$24 in parts - $15 shipping and handling - ($5 shipping and $10 to hurl the parts into an envlope and peel back the adhesive flap.) - this is worse than some of the e-bay guys.

The result?
> two jets loose in the package
>one bent primary metering rod
>two bent Secondary metering rods

in other words garbage. (if they had sent it 1st class mail for $0.37 they would have most likely arrived in the same condition)- It also took almost 4 weeks for these things to arrive - so now I have to send them back (or make a claim with UPS)- hope i can Get a refund (in a reasonably timely manner) and try to find some place local to get these parts as I doubt I will be dealing with them again. :nonod:

[Modified by fauxrs, 12:18 PM 12/25/2002]
Old 12-25-2002, 03:40 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: GMParts Direct - bummin me out. (fauxrs)

Looks like returning these wont even be worth it. Returns without a RGA will be refused and will be returned to sender. From the website

If you choose to email us, please include the following in your email message:

Order number
Reason for returning
Your name
E-mail address
Day time phone number
General Return Guidelines

Within 30 days of receipt of your order, you may return products that:

Are in their original packaging
Have not been opened
I had to open them to find the damage
Have original manufacturer information
Are not damaged
Damaged is the reason I am returning them!
Do not have missing parts

they will not refund shipping & handling so if I spend another $5 (ups Ground, for a total of $20 shipping and handling...I can get a refund for $19 - I'm keeping the jets as they are undamaged) :nonod:

Why bother - anyone know exactly how straight these arms have to be - they are not pretzels - the bends are minor (except one tip which is quite obvious) maybe I can try ????

[Modified by fauxrs, 12:51 PM 12/25/2002]
Old 12-25-2002, 04:00 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Merry Xmas,
I've made one order though {Non-supporting vendor} and was happy with the shipping of my AIR tubes and beat the dealer price considerably. I use them as the bench mark to price shop and for parts info. You can call or E@mail them (after the holiday) for a UPS return shipping code/number and shouldn't to pay return shipping. You'd never know what the problem was with all the holiday mail - temporary help, etc.. My guess is {Non-supporting vendor} will fix the problem but if they don't please post this again so I can encourage the competition at the strip to use them. :chevy
Old 12-25-2002, 04:04 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: GMParts Direct - bummin me out. (cardo0)

Merry Xmas,
You can call or E@mail them (after the holiday) for a UPS return shipping code/number and shouldn't to pay return shipping. You'd never know what the problem was with all the holiday mail - temporary help, etc.. :chevy
I reread their return policy and indeed they refund the shipping that I pay to return to them, still that leaves me at $15 S&H to get back $19 - waste of my time unfortunatly.

I have e-mailed them on the off chance that they will take pity on me and refund the outrageous $10 handling charge. I do not blame them for the damage to the parts any futher than I believe for $10 handling they might have packed it better for parts that are notoriously fragile. however I am sure that the damage was made during the shipment. I will look into what I may be able to get from UPS (not holding breath)
Old 12-25-2002, 04:38 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Heck the first company to call is going to be your credit card. Have them work their magic and see what you get. Good Luck. :rolleyes:
Old 12-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Doc Rebuild
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That certainly sounds like some bargain.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you run a survey?

Happy Holidays

Geoffrey Coenen
NCRS #2473
NCM Lifetime #105
Precision Valley Corvette Museum Charter Member #20 (I think)
Vettehead #18-1
Retired #1 56, 63, 67, 68, 68, 69, 75, 99 and I want more!
Old 12-26-2002, 08:27 AM
dman535
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: That certainly sounds like some bargain.

{Non-supporting vendor} is nothing more than a dealership that is selling parts on the web. They make all their money on shipping and handling. For little carb parts like that you are better off to go to a local GM dealer and place the order with them. Any GM dealer can order ANY GM part. So if you have a Cadillac Dealer nearby they can order parts for your Chevy. For those little parts, I would tape them to a piece of cardbord and spend 90 cents to ship it back to them.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:35 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: That certainly sounds like some bargain. (dman535)

{Non-supporting vendor} is nothing more than a dealership that is selling parts on the web.
That is quite true - however I actually priced these parts at a local dealership (only one mind you) and the prices were ver nearly double what {Non-supporting vendor} was asking, in fact even after shipping I came out a little ahead (especially when you factor CA's high sales tax into the equation) so I saw no reason not to go with them.

Shoot, if they had taped these pieces to a sheet of cardboard I'd probably be happier. Oh well - live and learn.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:04 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: That certainly sounds like some bargain. (fauxrs)

Just be glad you don't live in Canada all the extra BS charges cost more than the price of the item you purchased :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To GMParts Direct - bummin me out.

Quick Reply: GMParts Direct - bummin me out.