C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 03:08 PM
68_sting
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray?

Anyone know and good racing seats u can cram in a stingray. The only corbeau one that will fit and is good is the a4 which wont fit my fat butt. [img]:([/img]
Old 12-24-2002, 03:14 PM
lason
Instructor

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (68_sting)

you can try out these kirkeys. they are made of aluminum and REAL thin but that comes at the cost of comfort. I have never sat in a set but if they are as uncomfortable as RCI plastic seats then you better have a good chiropractors number and your insurance paid up :D .
Heres a link to give you the idea.........
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...02&prmenbr=361
Old 12-24-2002, 03:20 PM
68_sting
Cruising

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (lason)

Yah those look pretty uncomfortable. Im looking at some recaro right now but i can't seem to find anyone whos put recaros in a stingray. :(
Old 12-24-2002, 03:26 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (68_sting)

kirkey seats are for circle track and racing ing eneral,not confortable at all .
Old 12-24-2002, 03:40 PM
GregP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (lason)

I've sat in the "Pro Street" model and it is pretty comfortable. It doesn't have the large kidney bolsters of the roundy-round seats and has a good thigh support. They come in several widths to fit various sized people. They are the only seats I've found that will fit in No Flight with it's setback engine and thus VERY larger than stock trans tunnel.

I have a hunch a set of them are in Santa's Seligh at this very moment. :yesnod:

-Greg
Old 12-24-2002, 04:25 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

68_,
Try the Corbeau Forza ll it is a slightly larger seat for a street car, I saw a Forza in ylose`s car last week and he said it fell into place perfectly. I did sit in a Kirkey road race seat at the PRI show and fell in love with it I am putting on my "to do list" for next season, another good one is the Ultrashield road race seat. I have a Butler built with the rib protection, a snug fit to say the least, BUT it works well. All the seat manufacturers have web sites you can easily compare seats. ...redvetracr
Old 12-24-2002, 09:57 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (redvetracr)

I was in a C5 that had just installed MoMo's (sports seats I think) and they had a fair amount of room.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Titanium Rat
Le Mans Master

Default Re: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray? (gdh)

lots of vasoline :D

Get notified of new replies

To How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray?

Quick Reply: How do u cram a fat man into a racing seat and then into a stingray?