C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... ....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 08:32 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... ....

who has Hedman 68301 Hedders and has tried to fit the EFE valve on it?? :smash: :crazy: :hat :hat :hat :hat :boxing :cry :cry :reddevil

I need to get my car RUNNING!! This is driving me nutzzzzz :mad :rolleyes: :mad :confused: :eek:

After stabbing the motor last week, none of the goodies would work with the $100 cast alumininum valve covers so I had to replace them with stamped chrome steel shorties :mad :cuss :nonod: .... And of course I can't return them to Summit because I had the extra hole cut and fit into one of the covers so I could retain the OEM setup: Oil fill and KV tube on one side, and PCV valve on the other. :eek: :eek:

OK now I have the smog pump on, A/C looks like it will work, and the alternator is alternatin' just fine.

So we lift if up to do the exhaust. The headers are hugging the trans and the floorpan BIG time. And I'm required to use an EFE valve. The factory one won't work so I get one for the headers. And the headers are so close to the floorboards that the EFE is only insulated from the floor by the rubber hose. I figure that I'll sure hear it . .. and that eventually that nipple will be broken off it.

Am I the only one that is trying to do this in CA and stay smog legal?? :smash: :nonod:

[Modified by SanDiegoPaul, 5:34 PM 12/22/2002]
Old 12-22-2002, 08:58 PM
8T8T2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... .... (SanDiegoPaul)

Your EFE is only used during warm-up. Are you sure you need it for emmisions. I plugged the vac. line several yrs. ago on mine because of diaphram vac. leak. I to will be installing the air inject headers latter this yr. and am curious as to what you do. Sorry I can't be of more help.

[Modified by 82zoom, 6:59 PM 12/22/2002]
Old 12-22-2002, 09:04 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... .... (82zoom)

Your EFE is only used during warm-up

of course. I understand that but I live in San Diego. Smog checks every 2 years. And mine is due next summer. :smash: :nopity
Old 12-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

I just installed the Hedman headers. No clearance issues like your talking about, except the tranny lines coming off the 700r4 are very close to the collector (I'm thinking about some header wrap around the lines, so someone please chime in if this is a good idea or if you have other suggestions). I tlaked to Doug Thorley, and they make heat risers, but won't bolt up to the hedmans. They did, howsomever, say that it's no big deal to cast up one to be a direct bolt-on for a standard 3" flange, and they're looking into it. Also, here's a pic of the adapter from Holley. You'll notice that it reduces down for the bolt-on heat riser, so maybe this will give you some extra room...

A local friend has a similar setup to mine and has had no problems with inspections (has everything but the heat riser), and he said he's had various stations inspect the car over the years. I think I'll wait to see if I get busted...

Don't know why the pic is so small. It's around 5" wide @ 72dpi :confused:

Here's a link. Can't seem to find that pic again... http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin.../HtRsrVlv.html

[Modified by Chris81, 11:35 PM 12/22/2002]
Old 12-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

I just installed the Hedman headers. No clearance issues like your talking about, except the tranny lines coming off the 700r4 are very close to the collector (I'm thinking about some header wrap around the lines, so someone please chime in if this is a good idea or if you have other suggestions). I tlaked to Doug Thorley, and they make heat risers, but won't bolt up to the hedmans. They did, howsomever, say that it's no big deal to cast up one to be a direct bolt-on for a standard 3" flange, and they're looking into it. Also, here's a pic of the adapter from Holley. You'll notice that it reduces down for the bolt-on heat riser, so maybe this will give you some extra room...

A local friend has a similar setup to mine and has had no problems with inspections (has everything but the heat riser), and he said he's had various stations inspect the car over the years. I think I'll wait to see if I get busted...
Old 12-23-2002, 12:20 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Paul,

SDPaceCar has the EFE on hid headers, I dont know which EFE adapter you have, are you running the hooker adapter, or something else?. Can you not rotate the adapter one direction or the other at the collector?

Which EFE can are you running?

I am in the same boat you are in, except I havent tried to install the EFE yet, but my Smog comes up in May so I am coming up on that as well.

On a side note. Are you guys going to be open at the shop at all this week, I will be out in El Cajon tommorrow or Tuesday and thought I might drop by.

Get notified of new replies

To Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... ....

Quick Reply: Tell me I'm NOT the ONLY ONE !!! ... .... ....