C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 10:07 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today.

To start I am not going to get into much detail, as I think the enjoyment of this car can be brought best to all of you by Steve him self. But let me tell you, Pictures and videos do not, cannot, and will not, do justice for this car. Normally it's the other way around, but this car just looks so amazing up close and personal. The rear fender flares are a work of art. Every body joint is perfect in every which way. The suspension is silky smooth, yet ultra firm at the same time. AND BEST OF ALL, It's perfectally streetable. He took me for a spin, and she behaved like your grandma's car. Thats until he slightly touched the peddle, and Literally I think the motor has precognition or something cause the power is there and your going NOW. There is no wait time, no lag no delay no nothing. And with that light crack of the throttle came probabily the amount of HP and torque that you would see probabily from a L-82 at full acceleration, and thats understating it, The car can spin it's massive meats with the lightest crack of the throttle, he probabily spun the motor to a max of 2.2k , Still know one knows the capability of this motor when opened up for real, all I know is I am tucking my tail between my legs and runnin the other way when he does open it. On top of that the sound the engine makes with the air rushing in, sounds like the Devil him self rising out of the ground. There really were no words I could use to explain the perfection of that car when I saw it. The sound at idle not to rough, yet not mellow either, the suspension and brakes body styling, never ending wheels, all of it worked like a symphony at perfection. He has truely built a streetable killing machine that will absolutly decimate all that stands in it's way.

Also,

Ask him about the videos we shot. :D

Oh.. and just to be the giver of hopeful information, He said he's gonna keep it!! WHO HOOOOOOOO!!!! But I aint one to gossip, so you aint heard that from me.

[Modified by WashingtonRacer, 3:14 AM 12/21/2002]
Old 12-20-2002, 10:21 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today. (WashingtonRacer)

STEVE>>>>I really do hope YOU keep it...for a minor fitment problem that is cure-able for not all that much effort....and much less,....snicker....well, you 'built' it to your specs....

Man you got my sympathies with fitting a performance car....it takes a lot of work and time....

Love to hear you keeping it....got me thinking...maybe someday...!!!!

GENE

Old 12-20-2002, 11:17 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

:D ET STREETS and a well prepped track and it might go 9'S. :cheers:
Old 12-21-2002, 06:28 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Sounds like someone's been having a great time!!! :steering: :cool: :cheers:
Old 12-21-2002, 07:39 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today. (groovyjay)

great news hes gone to keep it,id love to go for a ride in that thing :yesnod: :cheers:
Old 12-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today. (patsnitrovette)

Well you have now done one thing that most of us would love to do, and that is ride in Merlin. Sounds like you had a great ride. Merlin is very impressive to me in pics and vids, must be truly awesome in person.

Congrats
Old 12-21-2002, 09:25 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today. (Eddie 96)

Steve keeping it is the best news I have seen in a while on this board. :cool:
Old 12-22-2002, 05:27 AM
Merlin522
Safety Car

Thanks Aaron! It was great meeting you. You're a super kid & I was honored to have you out there cruising around with me. Next time we'll open her up a little more & see what the beast can do. The few blips of the throttle we did experience were sufficient for starters, I'm sure. The car is pure automotive adrenalin! Looking forward to cruising in that beast of yours when it is done! Video going up shortly....
Old 12-22-2002, 08:18 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today. (Merlin522)

thats awesone. three merlin threads at once! :cheers: the only thing i love more than reading about the car, is reading reactions, experiences, and stories about its driving habits. hopefully someday soon i will be writing my own :smash:

hey steve, just wondering. i did a stereo install on a ford 3500 superduty manual a few months back and when you are taking off, you dont actually have to hit the gas. the tq at idle is enough to get it moving. so have you tried just droping the clutch at idle to see if it kills it or if it burns out? :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today.

Quick Reply: Visited Steve and the wicked wicked merlin today.