C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Administrators please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 PM
TJRed76
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Administrators please help!

Since the new CF format has come out, I can not access the forum from my home computer that runs on Microsoft ME.

I can get at it fine from work with windows 98.

Please give me some suggestions that might allow me to get here from home.
I cann't keep sneaking a peak at work, I need more CF online time.

Please help, I'm having withdrawls.

Thanks,
TJRed76 :confused: :mad
Old 12-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Enkil
Instructor

Default Re: Administrators please help! (TJRed76)

This probably isn't something the administrators can do much about.. However, what happens when you try to view the page from home? Do you get a 404 Not Found error or something along those lines? If so, try using this link: 65.113.119.28/zeroforum?id=3. If that fixes things, then it's got to do with your ISP not updating their nameservers to point to the new IP. (In other words... your isp has a server that holds a bunch of names of websites and all their IP addresses so we don't have to remember them. https://www.corvetteforum.com is, after all, a lot easier to remember than 65.113.119.28. Apparently when CorvetteForum upgraded their servers, their IP address also changed. When this happened, not every ISP updated their servers with the new IP address, which caused some people to not be able to get to the site. It's quite possible that whoever provides the service to your job did update the IP, while whoever provides the service to your home did not.)
Old 12-20-2002, 02:01 PM
vettery
Racer

Default Re: Administrators please help! (TJRed76)

I can't get past the forums main page at home with my dial up and Windows 98! :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To Administrators please help!

Quick Reply: Administrators please help!