C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? on fiberglass side pipe covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Makonut
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default ? on fiberglass side pipe covers

Does anyone know of a company that would chrome these? You can get chrome plated plastic parts, so this should be possible.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:21 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: ? on fiberglass side pipe covers (Makonut)

When I had mine Iwas going to paint them with chrome paint as other members on the forum had done. I would check around your area with the local platers to see if they can recommend anyone.

[Modified by gdh, 6:23 PM 12/18/2002]
Old 12-19-2002, 09:15 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: ? on fiberglass side pipe covers (Makonut)

Last spring one of the Forum members had his fiberglass covers chromed at someplace in the Dallas Tx, area. He and the guy with the plating business were making noises about selling already chromed covers. If I remember correctly he stated that the toughest part was getting finish on the covers in good enough shape to plate over. He was going to report back after a Summers worth of driving in 100+ temps on how well they turned out.
If you search the archives you Might find the links and the members name, I can't remember and I don't know if he is still active or not.

I found his name, ZORA_RULES, here's a link to his website with some pictures of the sidepipes on the car. http://members.lycos.co.uk/zorarules

[Modified by Smokehouse69, 8:32 AM 12/19/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To ? on fiberglass side pipe covers

Quick Reply: ? on fiberglass side pipe covers