C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather?

I have some aluminum finned valve covers that I'd like to put on my car, but they don't come with the holes for the breather or the PCV. Each cover comes with a Twist in hole, have you ever seen a twist in PCV or breather?
Old 12-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather? (Tater74Roadster)

What do you mean by twist in hole? Do you mean like for an oil filler cap, if so then I've never seen a PCV mount in one of those. You should be able to drill or cut a hole in a twist in cap, install the correct sized grommet and then stick in a PCV.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather? (Smokehouse69)

Do you mean like for an oil filler cap,

Yep, thats what I mean. I've seen them for Mopar and Ford, but never a Chevy.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather? (Tater74Roadster)

Be creative get one for a F*rd or M*par and screw it into your hole. A PCV is basically just a check valve that is sucked open in high vacuum situations to purge the engine of fumes. Your engine won't care if the PCV came from a D*dge or a F*rd, just as long as it works.

Get notified of new replies

To Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather?

Quick Reply: Since were talking about PCV's, do they make a "twist in" PCV and breather?