C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:13 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT

I first posted this in December of 2001. Due to the forum software change, the photos are not showing up on the old thread, so here it is again.

OUR CORVETTE HERITAGE:
I know you'll agree that keeping our Corvette heritage alive is important to the hobby. As new owners come on board, I'll bet there's a lot about Corvettes that they don't know.

The OUR CORVETTE HERITAGE series of posts is an attempt to bring us all up to speed or remind us about the history and development of our favourite car.

For the 23rd in this series of threads, here's a look at one of the most famous specialty model manufacturers - Motion Performance - and their 1969/70 Phase III SS-427 GT.

"The Phase III SS-427 GT shown here started out as Joel Rosen's personal GT and has ended up being the most exciting American sports GT ever offered to the public."

...and...

"The clincher came when Mr. Corvette himself, Zora Arkus-Duntov, blessed the GT and proclaimed it one of the most outstanding examples of an American GT machine."

This story appeared in the August 1969 issue of Hi-Performance Cars magazine. Enjoy!

NOTE: I hope you can read these pages. The forum's new AUTO-SIZING software doesn't always allow you to click on images to see the original size. :crazy:

I visited Motion Performance on Sunrise Highway, Long Island, New York way back in 1968, when it was THE place.....truly the Mecca of east coast performance.

Did I ever tell ya about the 427 Nova pulling wheel-stands in front of the shop.......? Wait.....that's another story!

Did I ever tell ya about the brand new 1968 Biscayne 427-425 h.p. street sleeper for $2,998.00 with 5-year factory warranty? Wait.....that's another story!
:thumbs:

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 12:15 PM 12/18/2002]
Old 12-18-2002, 01:12 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT (67HEAVEN)

The click for larger size does work, give it a try!
Old 12-18-2002, 11:37 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT (67HEAVEN)

I like the hood scoop and louvered gills.
I might go with something like that.
:seeya

Get notified of new replies

To This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT

Quick Reply: This is a reprint of a [REPRINT] on the Motion Performance SS-427 GT