C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom

Rubber anchors to go all the way in..... Anyone have any ideas how I can get them to push into the rar deck????? The four corners went in without a Problem
Old 12-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Ken74Conv
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (Alwyn678)

When I put my rack on a couple of years ago I had problems with one of the corners. I loosen up all of the screws holding the rack together which allowed the rack to be more flexible. After I got all of the anchors in and tightened, I then tightened all the screws. Hope this helps.
:cheers:
Old 12-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (Ken74Conv)

When I put my rack on a couple of years ago I had problems with one of the corners. I loosen up all of the screws holding the rack together which allowed the rack to be more flexible. After I got all of the anchors in and tightened, I then tightened all the screws. Hope this helps.
:cheers:
I tried that but I think that the cold may be working against me......I am also scared to force it in cause I do not want to crack the new paint....I am thinking of maybe using some lubricant or possibly a hair dryer!! :lol:
Old 12-17-2002, 09:24 AM
74Coupe
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (Alwyn678)

There was a suggestion on another post concerning rubber a-arm bushings, they were put in the freezer, getting the rubber cold shrinks their size, not sure but maybe worth a try.

Good Luck
Old 12-17-2002, 09:58 PM
vettecor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (Ed T)

I also had problems with 2 of the grommets. To get them to fit correctly, I put some vaseline on the entire grommet, and then SLOWLY with a small hammer I got them to go in. Take your time and use a small rubber mallet or small wood hammer.

Good luck

Larry :seeya
Old 12-18-2002, 12:11 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (vettecor)

If all else fails, you can do what the owner b4 me did: Ennlarge the holes a bit and use toggle bolts. I didnt know mine was like that till I traded in the ol chrome rack for a stainless one, and it did make it easier to hookup.......
Old 12-18-2002, 12:40 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom (tnt76vette)

If all else fails, you can do what the owner b4 me did: Ennlarge the holes a bit ......
:iagree: use a round file.

Get notified of new replies

To I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom

Quick Reply: I am putting on a new luggage rack and can't get the middle two bottom