C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today!

Old 12-17-2002, 12:28 AM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today!

Got the Hedman's from Jet-Hot today! Woohoo!! :cheers: I got the ones with the a.i.r. tubes and also had them weld an 02 fitting on the collector before they coated it. Looks pretty good! I don't know what's up with Hedman sticking those air tubes half way through the pipes, but I cut them back to only expose about 1/8". I installed them tonight, just as a test fit since I'm waiting on the Percy gaskets and Stage 8 bolts to arrive. They went in without incident, but the passenger side was a bit tighter. I didn't have to pull the starter off though, but did need to adjust (bend) the tranny cooler lines. I replaced the #1 plug just to check for clearance, and it's a bit tight. I've got about a 1/4" gap once I connect the plug wire. The headers came with everything (bolts, reducers, gaskets, stove pipe for the air cleaner (even the flex pipe), and rubber hoses for the check valves. Oh, and let's not forget a couple of Jet-Hot decals!! BTW, the header flange gaskets were folded twice in order to fit in their plastic bag. Needless to say, they broke apart when I unfolded them. Wasn't going to use them anyway, but wtf were they thinking? :smash:
Old 12-17-2002, 12:31 AM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today! (Chris81)

Yep I had the same experience. :smash: I liked all of the hardware and gaskets in the package but the gaskets folded??? <<<COME ON NOW!>>>

Lukily I have gaskets in stock (Bisons) so it was NBD for me either. :cheers:
Old 12-17-2002, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today! (Chris81)

Chris, can't wait to hear them. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Jet-Hot Box Arrived Today!