C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power window broken

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Jim 77
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window broken

:cry My car is fighting me. :cry
My driver side power window won't go up. It went down. When I pushed up, nothing. The lights did not go dim (I have charging issues also), suggesting it wasn't even trying. I pushed down, and it went down the last 1/4 inch. Now, when I push down, the lights do go dim. So the down part is still working.
I pulled the switch out, and the red/blue/brown wires all look solid.
I think it is likely just a loose wire.
Where are the connections I need to check? Is the red one the problem, or the blue one?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-13-2002, 09:08 PM
seansod
Instructor

Default Re: Power window broken (Jim 77)

I just changed my PW motor not a bad job but I would pull the door interior cover off and check for voltage at the motor. It is just a connector that is easly dissconnected. I believe that the blue is up and the brown is down and the red is the common. My problem was that the brushes were worn out on my 74 so I just bought a new motor from autozone for $45.

Good Luck
Tony
Old 12-13-2002, 09:18 PM
1yy07
Racer

Jim ,check yuor relay make sure your ground is CLEAN!! more problems are fixed on these cars by fixing BAD GROUNDS! :eek: hope this helps :smash:
Old 12-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Jim 77
Racer

Default Re: Power window broken (1yy07)

Problem solved! I bought some cheap seat covers, and ordered new tires. I guess my car decided this was good as now my window works again.
I am guessing that there is a shady connection in the door, but I have no plans to go digging in there unless I am either already digging or the problem returns. LOL
Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 PM
1yy07
Racer

Jim, had a 74 in the shop today same problem window not working turns out broken wires between door and body :eek: problem solved :cool: hope this helps! :D

Get notified of new replies

To Power window broken

Quick Reply: Power window broken