C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LARS inDenver, I really need your help!! or help from a ROCHESTER expert.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:10 AM
SARASOTA SAM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im 30 year old a long way from home,I NEED HELP! Callin LARS or any carb expert .

LARS,many thanks for the recent posting of your carb diagnostics in the forum.Absolutely invaluable info which isnt in Doug Roes book on the Rochester.
I reckon you may be the only guy on the planet who can put a handle on this,but there may be others???
Im still looking to buy 4 or 5 AIR-HORN GASKETS (not rebuild kits) for a ROCHESTER R4 MV #7042203 B2 DK. Pull-Off Choke#7067.
Is there a current G.M. part# or even a previous part# i can use as a base to work from?
Ive been on Carbs Unlimited catalog web page but there are lots of gaskets pictured and they need a photostat of original to match up correctly or i would need to match up myself.
Surely there's got to be a re-manufacturer or someone who can match their own part # to the above reference numbers of this Rochester after all there must be many mechanics who also need these gaskets daily without reverting to rebuild kits every time.
My predicament is the original gasket is well stuck to both top and bowl faces and will be badly damaged when removed. I need to reset the float soon or at least check the settings.The car is in England and is needed daily.
I need to buy a CORRECT gasket together with a stock on hand for future needs before i can progress any furthur. To have to use rebuild kits every time gets expensive over here with postage,import duty,tax and profits added on.

The carb is on a 1972 Vette, 350,200H.P. manual,air-cond,with 1972 T.C.S. emmission control.The car is as built totally original and the Rochester numbers are correct for the year and spec.

If you know a re-manufacturer or original suplier please advise on who and part# to quote as there has to be a way of cross referencing these gaskets.

As i said you may be the only one on the planet who can help and stop this
minor problem driving me nuts,

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

[Modified by SARASOTA SAM, 10:55 AM 12/16/2002]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LARS inDenver, I really need your help!! or help from a ROCHESTER expert.