C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator...

Please, please, please....when posting about bad vendor experience, leave personal feeling out of your posts....name calling....I know it's hard to do, but DO IT....just state the facts and loose the name calling, same for the responses...
Any more vendor bashings, and those threads will be banished to the vast cyber waste land......everybody comprende?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:52 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (GDaina)

No problemo about the moderator thing. Is it okay if I drool over your '68 for a while? VERY nice car! :D

Dep
Old 12-11-2002, 04:05 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (GDaina)

:thumbs: A completely reasonable request. Ranting & cussing just makes the poster sound unreasonable & immature.

JB
Old 12-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Brett K
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You got it! But where is the message from Dave....our friendly moderator :lol: ;) :jester
Old 12-11-2002, 05:59 PM
PB82CE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kapeesh... :yesnod:
Old 12-11-2002, 10:17 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (Brett K)

You got it! But where is the message from Dave....our friendly moderator :lol: ;) :jester
:seeya

:lol:

Oh, and guys. If things get REALLY out of hand, we don't just send your threads off to the cyber wasteland, we also send YOU off to a place we affectionately call "Banned Camp" :yesnod: :p:
Old 12-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

For those who don't know, the vendors pay for this website. We don't wanna lose them!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE.... .everybody comprende?
Hmmm, GUY'S. :D this obviously doesn't apply to me then does it Sir Galahad? :jester :hat Anyways, everyone already knows my favorite Vendor to bash. :troll I don't even have to say anything anymore. :lol: :blueangel:
Old 12-11-2002, 11:47 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (Juliet)

Hmmm, GUY'S. :D this obviously doesn't apply to me then does it Sir Galahad?
Maid Marion, if ya come around more often, then I wouldn't have forgoten about you... :D
Old 12-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been busy in C4 land lately. :) http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=448755 Wierd, but the e-mail notify either isn't working or is hopelessly backed up. :eek: ~Juliet
Old 12-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (Juliet)

So, is it OK if we bad mouth the Moderator's instead?????

JK :jester
Old 12-12-2002, 12:35 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

If, with all do respect, we can burn the Flag under the protection of the First Amendment, then where can the harm be in warranted Vendor Bashing? This view presented by a Disabled Vietnam Veteran. I must be the Loyal Opposition........
Old 12-12-2002, 12:52 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (tnt76vette)

If, with all do respect, we can burn the Flag under the protection of the First Amendment, then where can the harm be in warranted Vendor Bashing?
Well.....hate to rain on your parade, but the First Amemndment does not apply here.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:02 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

SEZ WHO? You the moderator? And you are NOT raining on anyones Parade, Sir. I assure you that MY Parade days are OVER........Dock me, I DARE you.....This is PERSONAL now. :U
Old 12-12-2002, 01:04 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor

If, with all do respect, we can burn the Flag under the protection of the First Amendment, then where can the harm be in warranted Vendor Bashing?

Well.....hate to rain on your parade, but the First Amemndment does not apply here.
True--it's a privately owned business, the forum is, and we are here by the grace of the owner who allows us to chat, though not always completely freely. I think it kinda boils down to a kinda "my house, my rules" sorta deal.

More to the point, maybe, is that criticism of vendors is allowed, & happens all the time. What freaks out George and Dave is potty mouth and rants about "theives" and "crooks" and other such possibly slanderous unpleasantness, IMHO.

JB
Old 12-12-2002, 01:49 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (tnt76vette)

I assure you that MY Parade days are OVER
That's too bad, sorry to hear that.....

........Dock me, I DARE you.....
Um....I can oblige your request, how many points would you like to be docked?

........This is PERSONAL now. :U
Now, why would you make it personal? Tell ya what, rather than get sniffy with me, (I don't like to get sniffy) why don't you talk to the administrators of this board, and point out the error of their ways, and tell them that they are circumventing the First Amendment....see how far ya get, and if you are vocal enough, not to me, but to the folks you will be griping to, they will gladly show you the door.

Old 12-12-2002, 02:46 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Then consider me gone....I've had a very good run of about 2 years here...learned a ton of info (as this is my 1st Vette), tried to share what I learned, but censorship is just not my bag.......I have NEVER bashed a Vendor either........... :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator...

Old 12-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Then consider me gone....I've had a very good run of about 2 years here...learned a ton of info (as this is my 1st Vette), tried to share what I learned, but censorship is just not my bag.......I have NEVER bashed a Vendor either........... :cheers:
tnt76vette,

I don't think that censorship is the goal of the moderators here. They do however, have an obligation to their customers (vendors) who subsidize this board which is otherwise free to you and me.

Often when people have a negative experience with a vendor, the tend to come here to rant and vent before they allow the vendor to rectify the problem. I'm sure that the forum owners do not want to support a bad vendor. If someone here has a problem with a vendor and they expect it to be handled with respect and civility, then that person should conduct themselves accordingly - that's all. If the vendor is given an opportunity to fix the problem and they still turn out to be a dirtbag, then lynch 'em I say.

I understand your position and I'd hate to see you go, especially considering the time you've invested here.

[Modified by Neo Fender, 8:04 AM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:42 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

:thumbs: You bet !
Old 12-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator... (SmokedTires)

Can't we all just get along? :boxing

Jim

Quick Reply: Yo Guy's.....IMPORTANT MESSAGE....from your friendly Moderator...