Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 04:38 PM
bkirk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona?

came across their website (www.cnv-corvettes.com) and was just wondering if anyone has had dealings with them. I want to buy a 80-81 from an individual but there aren't too many round the dallas area...
Old 04-16-2002, 06:50 AM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (bkirk)

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I was looking for a little over a year, for an earlier C3 and I remember CnV Vettes quite well. I had just about every online vendor and Corvette classifieds saved on my computer. I even remember when CnV redesigned their site, yes I followed them for quite awhile . As I recall they almost alway had high prices especially considering there #2 and #3 conditions in relation to the other sites I would visit. Even for a dealership. As it turned out I ended up finding my car right here on the Corvetteforum. It may be worth waiting, and actually dealing with someone who is going to give you a decent car for the money. If you would like a list of the online vendors and classifieds I found (there are maybe 25) I would be more than happy to send you their URL's. Regardless, good luck!! -Nothing like being the proud owners of such badass machines, it's worth the search.
:) :chevy :) :cheers:
Old 04-16-2002, 08:04 AM
Irezumi
Cruising

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (Rottenrob)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/CNV_Corvettes/cnv.htm

I am not sure if this will help, but I found this site while searching around for info on Corvettes.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:33 AM
bkirk
Advanced

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (Irezumi)

yeah, i saw that report too. kinda scary huh? that's why i was asking you guys if you knew anything about them. thanks! :)
Old 04-16-2002, 09:52 AM
MNHoosier
Intermediate

I inquired once about a vehicle they had. The called me and we chatted for a while. He was pretty upfront.

I was looking for a low mile '78-'82 and one they had caught my eye. We chatted and he told me what the OD read, but highly doubted it was actual. He said that Vettes in the SW get driven, usually year round and you couldn't find many low original miled Vettes down there. I said thanks and that was it.

In general, I think you be best served by avoiding dealers. They may have checked out the car well, replaced or repaired what was needed and clean them up really well, but they charge for it. Also think, where did they get the car and why. Somebody might have a problem child and they didn't want to pawn it off directly to another person, so they dump it on a dealer.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:06 AM
Shark01
Drifting

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (Irezumi)

That's quite enough for me to stay away :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 04-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 206 Likes on 130 Posts

You have email :D
Old 04-16-2002, 11:38 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I just bought an 82 that had their name on it. The guy I got it from (actually from his sister) had not really done anything much to it, nor had she. The car is a AZ car, shows interior heat damage and a 1/2 way attempt to restore. right color wrong paint, interior is almost correct, alot of option stuff doesn't work. but heck for what I got it for, a driver, I don't care. I could restore and TLC it would be really correct, but just time to fix stuff. so my suggestion is keep on looking, and if you get one from and individual you can get a history, mine has NO history and only had the ignition key, no papers and I understand AZ cars are hard to trace. etc.... :confused:
Old 04-17-2002, 06:12 PM
GREGO
Advanced

Unfortunately, I know a little too much about them. I bought my 1982 Bright Blue from them in November 2001. I wish now that I had waited and found a car on the forum or from a Corvette club member who is a fanatic about Corvettes. Those are the kind of guys who take care of their cars, fix things when they break and keep up with the history on their cars. CnV tells you alot of stuff on the phone and they seem genuine and so you get lulled into a false sense of security. The cars they show on their website look very slick. What they did not tell me was the picture of the car I could see wasn't the car I was buying. The website had no disclaimer that the picture wasn't of the car. Cn'V also hides behind the Sold AS IS disclaimer regardless of what they say to you beforehand. The car I got looked similar to the picture but it wasn't exact. The paint job is driver quality. They left black overspray on the bottom of the doors and you can tell they let the nozzle gunk up a couple of times. They also attempted to fix a fiberglass crack with Bondo rather than the right way so the crack reappeared after a little stress was placed on the fender ($600) to have fixed. The hood was badly misaligned. The rear end components were completely worn out and $4200 later I have a completely new rear end. I have replaced alot of the plastic in the interior, the car is 20 years old, I expected a certain amount of deterioration. But they sold me on the idea that the interior had been completely redone. Completely redone means new carpet and new seats. Oh yea, they put a new console plate on it which I thought was real nice until I discovered that they didn't want to fix the rear defroster so they just covered it over with a plate minus the defrost cutout. I lodged complaints with the BBB and the Arizona AG office. They wrote letters to CnV but were unable to get any resolution. AG said they would monitor CnV but that right now they did not have the budget to investigate any further. CnV told BBB that the AG had dismissed the complaint. So again CnV is mistating the facts and misdirecting/deflecting any kind of criticism or complaint. I'm most ticked off because they lied and I believed them. Never again will I buy without seeing the car first and I won't buy from a dealer if I can help it. I am also ticked they wouldn't make it right. The car was delivered on Sat 12/1 and by Monday 12/3 I was writing to them to complain. The car would not pass Texas inspection $500 worth of mufflers and Emergency brake kit later it passed. Also the rear end slamming when going into gear. I wanted them to take the car back but they refused. They said "CnV is not interested in purchasing your 1982 Coupe at this time". The least they could have done was reimbursed me for getting it in shape to drive. Oh well, my whole story is also on that RipOffReport site. My advice is don't do it. My car was wayward auto auction car that no one wanted for good reason. They shined it up and found a sucker. I think they sell alot of really nice cars. But every once in a while they are not below salvaging a wreck and then passing it off as a "restored" car without any disclosure whatsoever. :mad :mad :mad
Old 04-19-2002, 04:39 AM
StingRay6T3
Instructor

I normally spend my time on the C2 posts but a friend mentioned this post so I had to respond. I bought my car from CNV and I am completley satisfied with my purchase. The salesman I dealt with was completely up front and I was under no obligation or pressure to buy from them. The car I bought
(1963 SWC) was the car I saw in the video and the same that I received. I live in Hawaii and CNV setup the shipping, insurance and I received it in about 2 weeks. To this day I have received nothing but good compliments on my car. The car has been looked over by a professional and he said it was a great purchase. Would I recommend CNV to someone? YES!!
You hold the cards, you need to do your homework and NOT MAKE A IMPULSIVE BUY. Have someone look at the car, think hard about it. Weigh the good and the bad then make a decision. Remember cars always look better in pictures than they do in person. Do I feel ripped off, no!! You've been ripped off only if you feel you've been ripped off. Are there crooked people out there trying to separate you and your money, of course there are, Be CAREFUL!!! If anyone has questions or wants to see pictures, e-mail me.
Damian
Old 04-19-2002, 01:55 PM
MilesM
Advanced

I drive by there every once and awhile. They usually have a pretty large inventory. I was suprised to read the other posts and the ZR-1 web site. Prior to getting my C3 I stopped in and the salesman sized me up wrong and decided I was not interested in buying as I looked at the low end drivers out on the lot and the high end ones they had in the show room and asked about both types. When a salesman desides in advance I will not be buying anything somehow they are usually right. I bought mine from a private party.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:31 PM
bkirk
Advanced

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (MilesM)

thanks for all of your posts. i've never been much of a gambler...i think it wise to buy from a private party. thanks again guys- this forum is the best on the net!
Old 04-22-2002, 12:07 AM
BDAZVET
Instructor

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (MilesM)

I drive by there also. Always a full lot. Some are not there long and others have been there for almost two years that I know of. Thier prices are out of line, IMHO. I walked the lot and some look worthy of consideration and others are not worth half of what they are asking. They had this triple black `69 427/435 convertible that they said was ready and wanted something like $32,000 fot it. Fresh paint sprayed on by a monkey I tell ya! I have bought parts from them, and most of the time the prices were O.K. They seem to be pleasant enough. But buy a car from them, no way! Unless someone that knows these cars inside out says it`s cool. :)
Old 04-22-2002, 02:32 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona? (BDAZVET)

All of their cars are about $1000 - $1500 over normal prices.

If you are getting a nice clean, good condition car like I did, paying the extra price may be worth it.

However, CNV has the same high prices for cars that are not in the best of condition.

Example: They may have 2 1982's for sale on the lot at $13,990 or about that price.
One may be in really good shape, for an '82, and the other may have cracked paint, bad wear on the interior, and other blems. You can't see these unless you go there in person. Many a car looks good on the web page only to look like crap in person.

I would say if you want to buy from them you MUST look at the car first person, not just over the web.

By the way -- this is just MY OPINION and not a recommendation for or against CNV (somewhat legal disclaimer)
Old 07-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Pets69Vette
Heel & Toe

I did buy a 69 Vette from CnV in December 2003. After paying top dollar for the car it cost me another $2100 to have the car repaired and get it in working order. CnV told me to have it repaired an send them the bill. The repairs cost $2100, but CnV offered to pay $1000 to cover parts and labor, and I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't tell anyone of my experience. I did not accept their offer and filed a complaint with the BBB and Arizona Attorney General. The BBB couldn't do anything and the AG said they would keep my complaint on file and monitor CnV. So, would I ever recommend or buy another car from CnV- ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:11 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by StingRay6T3
The car has been looked over by a professional and he said it was a great purchase. You hold the cards, you need to do your homework and NOT MAKE A IMPULSIVE BUY. Have someone look at the car, think hard about it. Weigh the good and the bad then make a decision. Remember cars always look better in pictures than they do in person. Are there crooked people out there trying to separate you and your money, of course there are, Be CAREFUL!!!

livin
Old 08-01-2004, 11:33 PM
69L68
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had you tried a search on this forum?

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona?

Quick Reply: anyone ever deal with CnV Corvettes in Arizona?