C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Laws??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 08:00 PM
villare
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Florida Laws??

I am in the middle of making a decision of moving to Orlando/Cocoa Beach Florida sometime this summer.
Can anyone tell me what are the emissions laws for florida and is their any in the future?
Can anyone tell me what I have to have in my 1977 vette, I would like to get rid of the cats and dual it out, I just cant do that in Houston and pass inspection.
and just because we are in the topic how much do they charge to dual it with some flowmaster in florida. if its cheaper in Houston Imight just do them here before I leave. (Here in Houston, unofficially of course, they want $ 500 to dual it out with high flow cats and flowmasters)
Old 02-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Black68Vette
Pro

Default Re: Florida Laws?? (villare)

Right now, florida is back to no emissions testing at all, but they could re-begin testing at any time. Worst comes to worst tho, it has never been statewide, so you do like tons of others have and get a PO Box in a county that doesn't do testing, and register the car there :)

Old 02-28-2002, 08:53 PM
tom75
Racer

I live in Cocoa Beach/Merritt Island There are no emission test here. I have had exhaust work done around town with no questions asked. Also, Orlando is very crowded, Cocoa Beach is mush more layed back. Tom
Old 02-28-2002, 09:04 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

I just put side pipes on my car. No problems. I agree with Tom75 Orlando is to crowded.

Bob
Old 02-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: Florida Laws?? (76 Red)

No offense fellas, but I live in Orlando and I don't think it's too crowded, always room for one more. :D I like living in a thriving city where you can find or do just about anything you want 24 Hours a day.

Get notified of new replies

To Florida Laws??

Quick Reply: Florida Laws??