C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

History Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 10:21 AM
skinsfan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default History Question

I have a 77 L82 Auto. ext color 72 medium red and the interior code on the door is 722 (red leather). My dash upper and lower, steering wheel and column, emergency brake cover, and rugs are red..... the rest is white..door panels,seats, pillar post, t-top,window trim, etc..

Question: was this a factory option or did a previous owner modify.. (I have seen another 77 L82 4spd with this color combo.) If this is a factory job, how many of these did they make?
Old 02-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Kingt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: History Question (skinsfan)

I also have a 77. It's a L48 however. I have a similar situation. I have the smoke gray option but like yours, the seats and all of the trim is white. The dash, steering wheel, kick panels, and carpet are smoke gray. I don' have my assy. manual with me but I believe there is a combination for this configuration. I don' know if it was an RPO or not. My guess is you red and white combo came from the factory this way. As did mine.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:29 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Re: History Question (Kingt)

According to the Corvette Black Book,
Additional Color Combinations were available.....
I am not sure if that means that you could mix different ext, and int colors other than what G.M. recommended, or if you could two tone your interior.

Hope that helps.

Later,
Jacob :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To History Question

Quick Reply: History Question