C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 01:05 AM
livin
Drifting

Received 272 Likes on 85 Posts

Default I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!

So I brought her back home today. If you don't know what's going on I will fill you in. I was supposed to trade my immaculate 69 427 Roadster, for a proposed 1970 LT-1/ZR-1. The car was seriously modified. The car was originally bought as a group of three cars 2 coupes, and 1 vert for a Kentucky Racing team. Before the original owner took delivery of the car, it was modified from the dealer with G.M. fender flares, front and back, and large black, Kustom 4 inch pipes. The dealer even filled in the rear holes. It was a slick car. The kid who was to race it went to Vietnam and did not return. The car went on parade duty. In 82 it was sold to a Chevy dealer who let his son have it. The son painted it black, and died the interior black. :( I like black, but there is something about a Mulsanne Blue on Bright Blue 1970 that just really pumps my blood. So oh well that kid ragged the car pretty good. Supposedly filled the radio delete with a cover, screwed up the fan shroud and replaced it with a plastic one. Then in 94 he traded it to the last owner who did a frame off between 94-96 and the car has sat on blocks since. Oh yeah he left the interior black, and painted the car four coats of tuxedo black, and then four coats of emerald green metallic clearcoat. He chromed the pipes. IT is BEAUTIFUL... The #'s matching LT-1 was rebuilt, radically with a Edelbrock Pro Flo fuel injection system, and is really fast. There was so much money invested in this car, that with the receipt totals the owner was allowed a loan on the car for a business adventure. The business went south and as I was trying to trade my car, he said "call the bank and see if they can trade titles, I owe money on my car" So when I called the bank they told me that the seller lived in Phoenix, the car was reposessed from Idaho and was sitting in their storage facility in Spokane. So I got off my but last week and bought it. :cool: So I went and trailered it home today, 7 hours. It won't start :cry But it is at Corvette Alley, and Dave Overton :blueangel: My COrvette M.D. will take care of it. It just needs a new battery, and to be figured out. It will take a while to dial in to that computer and stuff. The car is NOT ORIGINAL!!!!!! :lol: :cool:

So as far as the proof of ZR-1 and LT-1 goes. My tank sticker does say LT-1, the rest of the sticker is pretty ilegible. Does anyone have a copy of a 1970 ZR-1 Tank Sticker. I would love to know what everything reads on it.

Thanks,
Jacob

[Modified by livin, 10:45 PM 2/27/2002]
Old 02-28-2002, 01:54 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!! (livin)

If it is a real ZR1, you better buy all the original parts and save them since the car will be worth much more dollars. :D
Old 02-28-2002, 02:08 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!! (livin)

he said "call the bank and see if they can trade titles, I owe money on my car" So when I called the bank they told me that the seller lived in Phoenix, the car was reposessed from Idaho and was sitting in their storage facility in Spokane. So I got off my but last week and bought it
i got a little lost there! :confused: Was the guy trying to sell you a car he didnt own?? I am glad you didnt trade your 69 for it. I wouldnt have a clue how to value it without full documentation and the missing parts, but it sounds like a great car! (I am also very partial to blue!) :) MJ
Old 02-28-2002, 02:30 AM
livin
Drifting

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!! (MNJack)

Evidently he WAS trying to trade a car he didn't rightfully own anymore. There IS proof of the #'s matching LT-1 engine that still resides under the hood. However, I am not interested in spending 5000 dollars for a bunch of old, broken, parts. Regardless of how correct they MAY or MAY not be!!!

Thanks for the replies
Jacob
Old 02-28-2002, 06:38 AM
454Big
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!! (livin)

You lucky guy!

I envy you!

My count is up to 2.5 currently - but ask me in a few weeks !!! :D:D:D
Old 02-28-2002, 09:11 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!! (454Big)

Can you buy me one as well? ;) :smash: :cheers: :cool:
Congrats!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHAT! You let your '79 go?!? :cry :D :nonod: :( :sad: :jester :p:

[Modified by Neo Fender, 7:36 AM 2/28/2002]
Old 02-28-2002, 09:42 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Jacob,
Congrats, You need to start asking questions at the NCRS web site as it is "they" that have the answers to your questions. ...redvetracr

Old 02-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!

So I brought her back home today... The car was originally bought as a group of three cars 2 coupes, and 1 vert for a Kentucky Racing team.
Jacob,

Congratulations on the new car!

Do you know what race team purchased the car? There was a very successful Kentucky based race team running B Production in the late 60s/early 70s... I'm wondering if it is the same team.

So as far as the proof of ZR-1 and LT-1 goes. My tank sticker does say LT-1, the rest of the sticker is pretty ilegible. Does anyone have a copy of a 1970 ZR-1 Tank Sticker. I would love to know what everything reads on it.
I might be able to help you in out with some information... Why don't you e-mail me when you get the chance.

Regards,
Old 02-28-2002, 01:48 PM
livin
Drifting

Default Re: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!! (redvetracr)

Jacob,
Congrats, You need to start asking questions at the NCRS web site as it is "they" that have the answers to your questions. ...redvetracr
Thanks Howard,
I will start doing that,
Stan, you have mail
Thanks everyone for your replies

Later,
Jacob :seeya

[Modified by livin, 9:49 AM 2/28/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!!

Quick Reply: I bought a 3rd VETTE!!!!!Calling all ZR-1,M-22 Historians!!!!!