C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Holley Saga Continues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 10:13 PM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Holley Saga Continues

Ok. Got the books. Read them from cover to cover. Learned a few things and understand a few more.
Here is what I have discovered:
Apperently my new Accel Dist. is giving me fits. Put the old dist. in for grins and the car will run now. :D
Here is where it get interesting. My engine machinst said to set the timing to 8-10 and now more than 34 total. I have that now and the engine fuel knoks on starting. Not much but enough.
Also need to get the idle up to 1700 - 1900 before it will idle in gear.
I have hooked up my Autometer AirMixture guage and adjust the carb for all yellow at idle. 2 - 2 1/2 turns get it there.

(Side note. Any suggestions on where to put this guage inside. Clock works so dont want it there.)
I am not quite there but getting closer. Any suggestion?
How can I determine the correct timing for this beast and quit guessing at it.
Thanks for putting up with my incoherent ramblings and questions.
:jester :conehead
Old 02-27-2002, 11:35 PM
dually4wd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Holley Saga Continues (SprintCarDriver)

11.5 compression? If so, what fuel and what size cam are you running. That's a bunch of squeeze to live with on the street, but if you don't mind octane booster or fuel mixing, I guess it could be done. I'm not so sure the Stealth intake is the right choice though. I'm thinking roller cam in the .550+ lift range and a single plane intake. If you can sneak the total timing up closer to 38 without detonation, it would wake up.

Quick Reply: The Holley Saga Continues