C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 08:07 PM
TravMsns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap?

Just wondering how much it would be for labor for a gear swap? What is involved with this? Should I have the bearings, etc , replaced as well, or will that drive the labor cost up even more? I just want to know how much I should expect when I start calling for quotes.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap? (TravMsns)

The guy I deal with usually charges about 200 to 250 without parts. That is just disassembly clean and put back together. If you put the bearings on and new clutch pack it drops to 125. He just sets up the critical settings like backlash and gear pattern.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap? (Gordonm)

My shop is going to change out ring/pinion with bearings/seals all that crap... and replace my clutch packs in the posi and spider gears, pretty much a rebuild... They told me roughly 9 hours of labor, so just ring/pinion gear swap, probably 6-7 hours of labor.

Get notified of new replies

To how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap?

Quick Reply: how much do you think labor would be for a ring and pinion swap?