C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best T-Top Weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 05:43 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 210 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Best T-Top Weatherstripping

Need some recommendations on weatherstripping for the t-tops on my'72. I have done a little research and the pricing is "all over the map". From what I can tell the GM product is by far the most expensive at $150+ per side!! There are reproduction products that sell for as cheap as $85 per set. Are the GM products that much better? How bad are the cheap repros?

What have you used?
Where did you purchase it from?
Which repros should I stay away from?

Also, are there any tips for installation. I know the t-top W/S can be tricky and it is important to do right. I have done the door and lock pillar W/S in the past, but they were pretty easy! Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 02-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Best T-Top Weatherstripping (QikStik)

I bought t-top weatherstripping for both my '75 & '80 from "Corvette Rubber" two years ago at Chicago VetteFest. Both sets fit extremely well and I just used regular weatherstripping adhesive available at any local auto bodyshop supply store. Nothing really hard about it, main thing and the hardest was getting all the "original" t-top weatherstripping and glue off!!! That glue that GM used on those seemed ungodly strong!!! I believe the "show" special at that time was $78 a set(for both left and right sides).
Old 02-27-2002, 09:10 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 210 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Re: Best T-Top Weatherstripping (Paul Borowski)

Thanks Paul! I have heard good things about Corvette Rubber. Did you have any issues with window fit when the windows were all the way at the top? It seems like I read somewhere (here probably) that the toughest part was getting this side (window) of the weatherstripping positioned properly.

Thanks again for your response!! :cheers:

Mark
Old 02-27-2002, 09:31 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best T-Top Weatherstripping (QikStik)

It helps if you buy a can of Weatherstrip Release Agent from your local auto paint store. It is a spray can, and I used before I took my weatherstrip off, just spray around the edges. What it does is soften up th glue and makes it much easier to take off the old. :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Best T-Top Weatherstripping

Quick Reply: Best T-Top Weatherstripping