C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh yea!! What about the disk pack??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oh yea!! What about the disk pack??

On the subject of non-slip clutch disk pack replacements....The sales person I'm talking to about parts for my differential says two differant NON-slip units were made for that rear end that year(Dana 44). Though only one was probably used in the Corvette, he doesn't know which one. He said there was a "True-torque" and a "Posi-torque" or something like that. Does anyone know what he's talking about and or know which one comes in the Corvette. These disk packs are differant, and I guess the "Posi" is heavier duty than the "True". The main thing to me is that they fit. I don't want to guess and end up sending parts back and forth.
HELP!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:08 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Oh yea!! What about the disk pack?? (Strike3)

Check out the restoration store on this site, they list only one clutch pack for 80-82 vettes, you can buy it from Zip or see if you can cross reference it to a GM part #.

Hope you get what you want. You could always get the dealership to order in both sets, take your rearend apart and pull your current disks and take them to the dealer and compare.....

Quick Reply: Oh yea!! What about the disk pack??