C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Portland, Oregon Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 11:47 AM
damac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland, Oregon Dyno Day

If anyone is interested, I am renting a local chassis dyno for the day sometime in march or april. I will probably not need it for the whole day, so I should have 2-3 hours where it is not being used. If anyone wants to take 2-3 pulls and get a baseline for their car, let me know. It will be $50 to take the three pulls and should take around 45 min on a saturday afternoon. If you are interested, email me at: nwvelo@cs.com.

Mike
Old 02-26-2002, 09:45 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Default Re: Portland, Oregon Dyno Day (damac)

I would be interested, depending on the weather. It's probably a couple of hours drive away from me.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:22 PM
john73bb
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooh, ooh, ooh, when?

I gotta get mine together first (heads are off now) but I too am interested.

Which shop?
Old 02-27-2002, 04:05 AM
Imabadman
Heel & Toe

Definately interested! I just got the engine described in my sig in the car and this would be a great oppurtunity to see how she puts out. Thanks for the offer!
Old 02-27-2002, 11:58 AM
damac
Instructor

Default Re: Portland, Oregon Dyno Day (Imabadman)

It is nice to see some vette owners who want to see how much horsepower their cars really make (I got zero responses on the C1 & C2 page!).

The dyno I am going to rent is located in Tigard, just off of 217, at Matrix engineering. These guys build Audis and VW's to race at PIR, but they were pretty cool when I dynoed my car there last time. They rent the dyno for $550 for the day (8 hours), $130 an hour or $75 to get a baseline pull. I will probably need the dyno for 3-5 hours to dyno tune the 406 in my 65 and to baseline a couple of friends cars. After that I didn't want to waste the dyno time, so I figured that $50 for 2-3 baseline pulls is a fair amount.

I was originally shooting for march, but I am having a new exhaust put on my car, so I probably won't be able to get around to it until april.

Anyone who is interested should e-mail me at: nwvelo@cs.com

Mike,

Get notified of new replies

To Portland, Oregon Dyno Day

Quick Reply: Portland, Oregon Dyno Day