C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Bubba) TPS...Whats it got to do....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 07:50 AM
rjs82vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Bubba) TPS...Whats it got to do....

with the oil sending unit and the oil temp.....

I had the check engine light rear its ugly head...... the code was for low voltage on the TPS..... So I had a little look.... I decided to replace it yesterday when it was obvious that Bubba had taken it apart, fixed it and JB welded it back together....

The strange part about it is before the oil pressure gauge and the oil temp gauge never worked correctly before.... I notice today on the way to work that they both was working.... I must have a bad connection somewhere as I don’t see what the TPS and the sending units/gauges have in common...
Old 02-26-2002, 04:27 PM
One GM A Tech
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (Bubba) TPS...Whats it got to do.... (rjs82vette)

If you look at or have access to a wiring diagram it would anwser your question. They all more than likely share a common gound or positive voltage. Think about how big the wiring harness would be if each bulb, sensor or switch had its own separate wiring for + an - and sensing. GM and all the other car manufactures have been doing things this way for years. Its not until you have a problem that you realize it. glad to see that you fixed your problem its always good to have your gauges working correctly. :cool: :cool: :smash:

Quick Reply: (Bubba) TPS...Whats it got to do....