C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which style tranny cooler is better, regular (radiator like) or heat sink style?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 11:37 PM
TravMsns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which style tranny cooler is better, regular (radiator like) or heat sink style?

Anyone have experience with either? Which cools better? Jegs have both styles and I was just wondering which you guys thought was better. I'd like to get the heat sink type (made by Moroso), but I want to make sure it's gonna cool as well as a radiator type. The heat sink type are more expensive, but that doesn't mean they cool better. They do look nicer though too. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: which style tranny cooler is better, regular (radiator like) or heat sink style? (TravMsns)

I have a heavy duty cooler mounted up front. I've been told by some old timers that the factory radiator style was more of a warm up thing than a cooler. Here's a picture of it:

Quick Reply: which style tranny cooler is better, regular (radiator like) or heat sink style?