C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics

Old 02-25-2002, 12:45 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics

I'm replacing my front bumper cover and starting in on the customizing I intend to do to my car. I'm opening up the grill on the fiberglass to one large opening, and going to build a custom one piece aluminum grill. One of the harder steps was to get the lower brackets cut (at a compound angle - of course) and weld on a new flat plate to provide a mounting surface for the grill's mounting brackets.

MIKER saw my post "asking what tool should I buy to cut the lower brackets" and offered to cut them (with his plasma cutter none-the-less) and weld them up for me. I took him up on his offer and we made an afternoon of it - talking about Vettes, working, talking about houses, working, talking about Vettes and completing the task. I also got some training in grinding and shaping metal. After we were done, you'd never know they were modified. :D

I've met quite a few members off the forum and everytime I'm so impressed by others generosity. I can't say enough about Mike, what a guy to spend his Saturday afternoon helping someone else solve their problems.

And as happy as I am to have a major step completed that would have taken me a lot of time to cut and $$ to get welded up, I think my wife and our little boy (14-1/2 months) had more fun than I did. They got to play with dogs, horses, chickens and check out the house they're renovating. :crazy: :crazy:

And ya'll need to see Mike's shop and his tools (toys)! :yesnod: :yesnod: A very nice setup and location, made my 3-car garage look small. :lol: :lol:

Here are some pics from the day:

THANKS AGAIN MIKE, I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATED YOUR HELP!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

And tell your wife, thanks for entertaining my wife and our little boy, she's keeps talking about the fun they had in the country!

Glenn

[Modified by 74-Roadster, 8:34 AM 2/25/2002]
Old 02-25-2002, 03:00 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics (74-Roadster)

Don't let them ricers see that fart pipe. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-25-2002, 10:36 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics (Desertdawg)

Okay, I edited out the offending pic, now please do the same. :bb :bb

It was the only pic that showed Mike's shop . . . Next time I'll learn. ;)

Whew!!!!!! As soon as I deleted it from my website, it dissappeared. :smash:

[Modified by 74-Roadster, 8:45 AM 2/25/2002]
Old 02-25-2002, 03:27 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics (74-Roadster)

Glenn, you and your wonderful family are always welcome. The weather was great and we all enjoyed the afternoon. There are not many things that I enjoy doing as much as tinkering with car stuff!
It is not feasable for everyone to have ALL of the necessary tools and various skills but collectively the members of this forum can conquer the most difficult tasks and have one-helluva good time doing it.

P.S. Our dog "Sport" really misses little Logan and his never ending supply of Cheerios!:yesnod: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: THIS FORUM ROCKS! Thanks MIKER! He helped me modify two brackets - pics