C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 08:21 PM
kostutsman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look

Want to get more flow with stock mounting and original look - Thinking of Dynomax but what muffler looks original, uses stock mounting hardware and chrome tips plus gives some great flow and sound. I have 2.5" duals now - what would be my source if you have some good recommendations?

kos :smash:
Old 02-24-2002, 10:07 PM
Doug Brandon
Instructor

Default Re: 68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look (kostutsman)

My Super Turbo's look fairly stock. Bought them from Summit and had the muffler shop weld the original brackets on so they hang correctly. Btw, these sound very nice at idle and WOT. They have a slight drone at 1500-2000 rpm. I have an H-pipe which helps minimize it. I noticed an increase in power just from switching from the stock mufflers to these.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:03 PM
68 Magnum
Heel & Toe

Default Re: 68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look (kostutsman)

Dynomax sells a version of the super turbos that will fit in the stock location and utilizes the stock mounting hardware. The dymomax's are a couple of inches shorter than stock but you won't notice from behind the car. I'm sure you can order them though Summit. Tell them the application and they will look up the replacement muffler available from Walker (Dynomax).

The bad news is the hardware attached to the muffler to mount like stock will at least double your price.

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To 68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look

Quick Reply: 68' 427 muffler question - flow vs look