C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my long block today HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 04:46 PM
boredsoIstrokedit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my long block today HELP!

I picked up my long block (really more of a shortblock with heads and an intake, and one valve cover) core from the junkyard today. It is all in pretty good shape, but i have some questions on the casting numbers. Mortec and everywhere else i can find has limited info, but i was hoping someone here might know. The block number is 14093638, and the head numbers are 14102193. The block i think is a decent block, and im not that worried anyways (it is machined for roller lifters, but has a flat cam in it) :yesnod: but i cant find any info on the heads, like combustion chamber volume. Can anyone help?
Old 02-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Hershey
Racer

Default Re: Picked up my long block today HELP! (chuckb01)

chuck, As you already know, your block is an 86 and up 350. The 193 heads are 86- 88 350 heads. They have 1.94 intakes and 1.5 exhausts with 76cc chambers. If you look into the intake port you should see a small ramp as these are called swirl chamber heads. They are to help improve intake mixture speed and make it swirl as it enters the chamber for better low RPM power. Hershey :chevy
Old 02-24-2002, 06:43 PM
boredsoIstrokedit
Racer

Default Re: Picked up my long block today HELP! (Hershey)

Thanks. That helps me figure out what pistons i need for 8.5 to 1 compression. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Picked up my long block today HELP!

Quick Reply: Picked up my long block today HELP!