C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rainy Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 09:58 PM
skinsfan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rainy Day

My buddy took my vette to his freinds paint shop. It was going to be a complete strip, re-paint, re-chrome, new rubber, and badges. To good to be true job.!! That was one month ago. Today I took the car home because it sat out in the rain all day here in Miami. :mad The cockpit was flooded. :mad The guy new about the leaking problems of the 77's and still left it out in the rain! Needless to say "this guy is NOT going to paint my car!"
Question:
I spent from noon to 8:00pm drying the insulation and the rugs. I sprayed antibacteria Lysol all over the rugs and floor pannel. Is there anything more I can do to keep the rugs from going bad?
Old 02-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Rainy Day (skinsfan)

MAN.. that sucks. Did you thrash the guy too? :mad If you've pulled the wet carpet out immediatly, let it dry, and used an anti-bacterial/mold/mildew spray..you should be good to go. :cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-23-2002, 10:40 PM
ROD NOCK
Pro

Default Re: Rainy Day (skinsfan)

Skins-
Dry carpets and insul in the SUN! Let all air-out for a couple days before reinst. Good Luck -Rod
Old 02-25-2002, 10:04 AM
skinsfan
Advanced

Default Re: Rainy Day (ROD NOCK)

Update: Yesterday it was a beautiful day in Miami, 70's and sunny. I left the vette out in the sun all day. Tha carpet is dry but the heat shields (aluminum covered insulation is ruinned. What is a good place to purchase these?

RANT: the wife gives me crap about letting the vette sit for so long, then she gimes me crap about working on it too much this weekend! :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Rainy Day

Quick Reply: Rainy Day