C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G Tech/Track ET

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 06:17 PM
GARY1973
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G Tech/Track ET

Thank all of you for your reply to my post!

The information was abundant and encouraging since I ran 14.03 ET at 108.4 Mph yesterday with a 175 pound passenger using the G Tech at an altitude of 4,300 feet with 3.08 gears(4 speed still in third gear). Now I can install the 3.90 gears and have a benchmark for the difference.

If I have done the math correctly, this run with the 3.08 will equate to approximately 12.845 at sea level without the passenger. Dream on! Back to reality, all I really want to do is is be in the mid 12s at Firebird Raceway, Boise
at 2,800 feet. We will see.

Traction is not a problem with the 3.08 but I expect it will be with the 3.90 so will run again and post the results before ordering slicks. I perfer the BFG DOT radial since my other tires are radials, but will bite the bullet and buy wheels and tubes if there is a significant advantage in ET. Suggestions please.

I only ran the G Tech once last year in my 98 Z28 ragtop at Top Gun Raceway, Fallon, NV (4,000 feet). The trap ET was 14.4 compared to 13.6 G Tech. I installed it at the last minute just before staging so am not sure it was level, hawever I talked to another driver there and he said that his was off about a second also.

O well, I will find out. I plan to be most active this year on the strip and will post comparisons for those intersted.

:smash: :)

Quick Reply: G Tech/Track ET