C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 01:02 PM
DamnthatCANAM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a car

Hey guys, well i looked underneath the CAnamstyle vette i was thinking bout and it was destoyed, well so much for that. Now i am looking for a c3 (cause they are my fav) and i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Which ones are notoriously problematic, the fastest, most reliable, and best looking. ANy info woudl be appreciated. I want a vette so bad, but i do not want to rush into something that isn't what i want, or forthat matter, isn't a good one at all. Thanks, mike
:chevy
Old 02-23-2002, 02:56 PM
Jarmo
Drifting

Default Re: Looking for a car (DamnthatCANAM)

Must be more than 1 available in the US , keep looking they are great if you like this style.

:cheers:
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/jarmo/

[Modified by Jarmo, 1:59 AM 2/24/2002]
Old 02-23-2002, 03:12 PM
DamnthatCANAM
Advanced

Default Re: Looking for a car (Jarmo)

Well, hoenstly, Id be very happy with a nice c3 in the garage, althought i liked that style, if i find a very good c3 i am jumping on it. :cool:
Old 02-23-2002, 03:12 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Looking for a car (DamnthatCANAM)

Well, I assume you like chrome bumper sharks the best, so given that, the '68 has too many basic assembly line problems, and unique parts....
that leaves 69-72....pretty much all the same, except for engines....
the super high compression ones from 69-70 can be problematic with today's poopie for gasolines....so that leaves 71-72, as a stock car that is...
of course over 30 years a whole LOT can happen to any of them....
rebuilds to lower compression were/are common...

from 75 on up they had catastrophic converters, and no dual exhaust, just pipes for looks....in '73 they had plastic noses and steel rear bumpers....
but starting in '73 the stock intake manifolds came with EGR passages cast in place, and so restricted HP--airflow, not that you would notice it on the street much....but when the EGR malfunctions....the car runs like crap....

the advent of HEI started in '75 or so...and is a worthwhile addition to any shark, as is leter model DPFI....if you can do that yourself....

the big thing to look for of course with any car, and including vettes is RUST...
in the windshield/A pillar area, frame in front of rear wheels kickup...front #1 cross member, etc....

GENE
Old 02-23-2002, 03:40 PM
DamnthatCANAM
Advanced

Default Re: Looking for a car (mrvette)

Well, i plan on dropping a 383 in the car, unless i come across a very collectibel one, but i want a car that handle the power that a 400-500 hp motor brings, I know the tranni/diif might need replacement/upgarde, but looks/suspension/problems are my big thing i am looking out for. Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a car

Quick Reply: Looking for a car