C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

march underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:50 AM
laktrash
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default march underdrive pulleys

has anyone tried using march under drive pulleys ? thinking about these and aluminum waterpump i'm replacing radiator didn't know if it would be creating more problems or if it would be a plus frankly i'll be doing good to get the radiator and shroud back in. also doing the headers and sidepipes. 69 350 mild mods. i need imput thanks
Old 02-23-2002, 11:07 AM
ED DINAPOLI
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (laktrash)

laktrash,
I used the Marsh crank only underdrivepully on my 74. The other pulleys were left orignial. I have not had a problem with the alternator not charging at idle.I am using a Wieand Team G water pump which installed perfectly and has been trouble free.
Ed
Old 02-23-2002, 05:57 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (ED DINAPOLI)

I got the whole set with the exception of the PS pump. I had a few problems, but nothing major. I had to space the pulley behind the alt. and I spaced out the whole PS pump to align with the crank. I know that you will probably have to get a different part number for a 69, and there is a different number of grooves and may align more easily....Id say its worth it though, even for the looks!
I know there are a few other guys on the forum that have used them, so lets see whatt they have to say as well...
BTW, Welcome to the Forum!

Chris :cheers:
Old 02-23-2002, 06:18 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (74VETTE)

I bought the set for the C3 Vettes, crank, WP, Alt but haven't put them on yet. Also have billet brackets for the AC, Alt, Ps with a PS pulley from Street & Performance. I won't know how it all works until next month when I get the new motor dropped in. All I can say is for what I spent this better work, it sure looks good so far.
Old 02-23-2002, 08:46 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (laktrash)

I have a set on my car. I have some charging problems at idle but nothing I can't live with. Like another poster said, the looks alone are almost worth it.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:52 PM
vett79
Racer

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (nastee383)

Does anyone make stock size aluminum pulleys for C3's?
Old 02-23-2002, 11:10 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: march underdrive pulleys (vett79)

Does anyone make stock size aluminum pulleys for C3's?
I've seen all kinds of pulleys from different places, here's some of the places I've dealt with(below). The problem is that there are so many different sizes of pulleys you'll have to talk with the sellers to determine what they have for you. Street & Performance seems to have the best selection, and March does make "some" stock sizes for v-belt cars but most of what they have is geared for serpentine conversions. Summit and Jegs list a few pulleys from Mr. Gasket, Moroso, and Wysco. Also, March has some helpful diagrams on their web site for measuring things. S&P doesn't have a big $$$ web site but HOLY SMOKES do they have some cool stuff in their catalog. :D

Street & Performance http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

March http://www.marchperf.com/

Summit http://www.summitracing.com/

JEGS http://www.jegs.com/

Get notified of new replies

To march underdrive pulleys

Quick Reply: march underdrive pulleys