C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G TECH compared to track ET ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 12:21 AM
GARY1973
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G TECH compared to track ET ?

My G tech was almost a full second faster compared to time slips. Does any one else have input on on the accuracy of these units?

THANKS,
Gary :confused:
Old 02-23-2002, 09:58 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: G TECH compared to track ET ? (GARY1973)

My G tech was almost a full second faster compared to time slips. Does any one else have input on on the accuracy of these units?

THANKS,
Gary :confused:
I have never been to the track with my G-Tech but from all that I've read, the majority of the people who have actually taken their G-Tech to the track for comparison have been within 1/10th of a second. The indicated speed will be different as you know due to the G-Tech showing the instantaneous speed from them moment that it crosses the 1/4 mile point vs. the track averaging the mph for the last 60 ft.

Take a look at this link to an old forum post. I had gathered some links related to this topic.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...610584#1610584

What were your track times? G-Tech times? How many runs were you able to make at the track while using your G-Tech for comparison?
Old 02-23-2002, 10:37 AM
StingrayRacing
Burning Brakes

I took it to the track once and did 3 comparison runs in my Audi TT (all wheel drive + turbo, not sure if or how they affect the Gtech) and it was consitently .25 sec quicker and about 5 mph quicker than the track times.

You might have to play with the angle of the Gtech, and do you have it in the center of the car?

Haven't tried it in the Vette yet...but I will...I have a feeling its less accurate as the et's go down.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I plan on taking mine to the track in a month or so. I'll let you know how accurate the G-Tech is at the track. I know one thing that was mentioned in the instructions is to make sure it is centered in the car and that it's not crooked. They say to get out and look at it from the front of the car to make sure it's straight. Also needs to be completely level.

What were the times? Track and G-Tech?
Old 02-25-2002, 10:28 AM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: G TECH compared to track ET ? (sharklover)

Are you sure that the weight entered is correct? If the drag strip has a scale, measure the weight with you in the car.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: G TECH compared to track ET ? (Chris A)

You don't need to enter weight for a 1/4 run, 0-60, or g's. The only thing you need to enter weight for is to have the G-Tech calculate RWHP. I know that is fairly accurate because I weighed my car, drove off the scale, and then entered the weight and tested it. G-Tech showed 222 RWHP. I pulled 230 on the dyno.
Old 02-26-2002, 01:12 PM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: G TECH compared to track ET ? (sharklover)

You don't need to enter weight for a 1/4 run, 0-60, or g's. The only thing you need to enter weight for is to have the G-Tech calculate RWHP. I know that is fairly accurate because I weighed my car, drove off the scale, and then entered the weight and tested it. G-Tech showed 222 RWHP. I pulled 230 on the dyno.
That's true. This was just a case of me replying without thinking.

Get notified of new replies

To G TECH compared to track ET ?

Quick Reply: G TECH compared to track ET ?