C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 09:48 PM
467-Ratman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun!

I am in the process of removing my AC parts from the engine compartment. I took out the box that holds the condensor and fan. It looks quite a bit different from the non AC cars. My question is will the standard cover fit over the holes in the firewall. Looks like I may have to make something? Thanks
Old 02-23-2002, 12:35 AM
Magic Fingers
Advanced

Default Re: Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun! (467-Ratman)

A/C firewalls have a lager cut-out in them for the evaporator case, heater core case. This opening is trimmed out lower down and I believe there is another mounting hole added. The Assembley Instruction Manual has a diagram showing the difference. If you are good with fiberglass and use the non-air heater case mounting gasket as a template, it should be no sweat. The interior firewall insulation will be cut out too large for a non air car. Thats the big buck $250.00 insulation, not a big deal if your not into NCRS standards. I'm in the process of restoring both a 70-A/C car & 68 non-A/C car , and am at that exact stage, so e-mail me if you need more info. I may be interested in a few A/C parts if you want to part with any? Good Luck,
Old 02-23-2002, 04:29 PM
467-Ratman
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun! (Magic Fingers)

Thanks for the info, I will send you some pictures of my mess!

Get notified of new replies

To Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun!

Quick Reply: Removing AC condensor box from my 71 , Big Fun!