C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which carb?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Heyward
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which carb?

i just purchased a 75 survior (just barely). I want to make it a daily driver. it has a 350 with the auto trans. The motor has been modified by someone now deceased & I don't know what all has been done to it. My question is, whether to try to find someone to rebuild the Holley dual line(that has been sitting up for a long time & now runs badly to not at all) or install a new 600 edlebrock. Once I settle the carb problem I may decide the souped up motor has to go and replace it with a stock motor. I need a carb that will work for the hot motor or for a stock version. The last thing done to the car was the installation of a new aluminum 2.25" dual exhaust system. Bearing in mind that this thing is destined to be a daily driver ( 30 miles one way to work) which way should I go?
Old 02-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: which carb? (Heyward)

Yes, the 600 Edlebrock should work fine. If you want to go stock, the Q-J will work fine.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:37 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: which carb? (Heyward)

Heyward,
Welcome to the forum.
If you just want to see what the car actually runs like when running well cleaning up the Holley might be the cheapest route to take.Many times just disassembly and a cleaning with spray carb cleaner fixes those things along with a new power valve.If carefull no new gaskets required.Sometimes the gaskets stick and carefull is not in the picture any longer.Kits are cheap.
Suggest a new fuel filter as well.Possible to have bad gas and rust in tank to cause problems with any carb.
If you don't feel you are up to the rebuild,somone local should be able to do a bench job"you take the carb to them" very reasonable

I think you should give the modded motor a chance before going to stock motor.You might need to get to work fast someday!

How long has the car sat?

Get notified of new replies

To which carb?

Quick Reply: which carb?