C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!!

I sure do love my car more with power and serious sound :cheers: to Dynomax headers and Flowmaster 40's :lol:
Old 02-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Alwyn678)

If you want a real thrill drive thru the parking lot at the mall.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Paul 75 L82)

Parking garages are the best. It's like they are winking at you. :cool:
Old 02-20-2002, 08:03 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Budman78)

i cant wait till the nice weather... :reddevil
Old 02-20-2002, 08:22 PM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parked my car last night in the parking garage with open Hooker Sidepipes. I couldnt really hear any alarms though. :D :cheers:
Old 02-20-2002, 08:43 PM
DaveMerth
Advanced

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Jester69Stingray)

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :hat
Old 02-20-2002, 09:24 PM
eeeticket
Advanced

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (DaveMerth)

My personal best is five alarms through four floors in the parking garage at work. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-20-2002, 09:39 PM
427_Roadster
Burning Brakes

:cool: :cool: :cool:
God I love that!!!
:cheers:
Tom
Old 02-20-2002, 09:40 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (eeeticket)

I run OPEN HOOKER Sidepipes (4 inch pipes) with no mufflers!!!!

I usually trigger all car alarms in the parking garage of my building. Even if I pass parked cars on narrow streets - their alarms go off! If I drive through a tunnel with full acceleration - people fear for their life!!! It sounds like a atomic bomb explosion!!!! I have driven so far approx. 18000 miles with open HOOKER Sidepipes (15000 with my 69 Convertible and 3000 with my Custom 68) and have never received any tickets regarding noise..... I think that I am lucky to live in South Florida! Cops are VERY liberal here when it comes to classic cars... never try producing this kind of noise with a late model car... you won't get far..

Olivier

[Modified by GrandSportC3, 7:42 PM 2/20/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:12 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Budman78)

Parking garages are the best. It's like they are winking at you. :cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya'll are too funny! And I'm sooooo jealous, I'll be middle age before I can have fun with my neighbors, parking garages and malls.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (74-Roadster)

:nono: :nono: :nono: ;) ;) ;) :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :flag :flag :flag
Cruz
Old 02-21-2002, 02:09 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (Cruzmeisters)

:lol: i love doing this as well......after visiting someone at the hospital, i went through a parking garage setting off alarms on purpose....after a while of going up 10+ stories the security caught up with me and yelled at me for a solid 5 mins....needless to say i set even more off on the way down :D , nott even on purpose then :smash:
Old 02-21-2002, 08:56 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think it is funny. If my wife or myself came out of work and found our batteries dead so someone could get a chuckly I wouldn't be laughing. Grow up.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GEEEZZ..after Noval's spanking...what can I say?? :rolleyes: I've set off alarms in my neighborhood accidentaly with my Harley. Most of the neighbors now park their cars in their driveways during the summer..rather than the street!! :D :D :D
Old 02-21-2002, 10:16 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (norvalwilhelm)

I don't think it is funny. If my wife or myself came out of work and found our batteries dead so someone could get a chuckly I wouldn't be laughing. Grow up.
I was waiting for that!! :lol: Hey I wasn't in a prking garage i was just driving down the street.... Also it was not intentional so I will "Grow up" if you promise to 'lighten up" :smash:
Old 02-21-2002, 10:17 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (norvalwilhelm)

Gotta agree with Norvalwilhelm on this.... This is just teeny-bopper games, what's the point - to get a good laff at someone else's expense. Bet you wouldn't be laffing if someone thought it was funny to soap up all your Corvette's windows (harmless, right?).

Next thing you know, the city will be passing another law about "excessive loud exhaust" and it will be pointed directly at the hot-rod guys because some little ole lady complained about all the noise and the fact that her car alarm keeps going off when you drive by.

And this is about as light as it will get. LOL

[Modified by KenSny, 9:18 AM 2/21/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 10:43 AM
TransAm525
Racer

I haven't been in any parking garages since I installed my Hooker headers and sidepipes with JCL stainless steel baffles. However, I once took the baffles out and ran open 4" pipes on the street. It was extremely loud to say the least. It sounded like a dragster, but would give me a headache after about an hour of driving, not to mention I had to let off the gas every time a cop went by in opposite traffic. It was an interesting ride. Everyone would roll up their windows as I approached and passed. My friend even went by in his 1969 Camaro pulling 6000 rpm with his 396 equiped with Flowmaster 40's and I didn't even hear him.

Get notified of new replies

To Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!!

Old 02-21-2002, 11:54 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Ok Alwyn678 here you go...... driving down the street is one thing, but some of these posts sound like the prepubescent kids around here that think it's a big laugh to go around the neighborhood at night ringing doorbells, setting off car alarms, and soaping car windows. It's calmed down a bit since one of the "gang" slipped and fell while running away and broke his arm. Boy, did he whine like a baby when he had to face the cops and his parents. Turns out all that innocent fun cost him some of his precious weekend time because he had to do community service in the area. Now that was a real laugh!

The poster that thinks driving up and down the parking garage setting off alarms after he's been warned to stop is either telling a BS story or just plain childish, maybe both. Guess those people (in the garage area) will praise that loud exhaust and forever think of modified cars as real assets to their community. Right?

I've got nothing against headers, sidepipes, or loud exhaust - within reason. But this world is getting too crowded to be able to do whatever you want anymore without thinking of the backlash we are causing.

I've been involved with customizing and hot-rodding for 40+ years and if you think this is all innocent fun and that nothing will come of it, then you are sadly mistaken. It's just this kind of irresponsible behavior that causes the local lawmakers to put another "anti-modification" law on the books. I sure as hell do not want my car to sound like a Buick. Nor do I want the hassle of getting an inspection to check for noise levels because someone complained about hearing a car driving around town with open headers.

So lighten up yourselves and act like responsible adults.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:03 PM
70PurpleLS7
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!! (KenSny)

Ok Alwyn678 here you go...... driving down the street is one thing, but some of these posts sound like the prepubescent kids around here that think it's a big laugh to go around the neighborhood at night ringing doorbells, setting off car alarms, and soaping car windows. It's calmed down a bit since one of the "gang" slipped and fell while running away and broke his arm. Boy, did he whine like a baby when he had to face the cops and his parents. Turns out all that innocent fun cost him some of his precious weekend time because he had to do community service in the area. Now that was a real laugh!

The poster that thinks driving up and down the parking garage setting off alarms after he's been warned to stop is either telling a BS story or just plain childish, maybe both. Guess those people (in the garage area) will praise that loud exhaust and forever think of modified cars as real assets to their community. Right?

I've got nothing against headers, sidepipes, or loud exhaust - within reason. But this world is getting too crowded to be able to do whatever you want anymore without thinking of the backlash we are causing.

I've been involved with customizing and hot-rodding for 40+ years and if you think this is all innocent fun and that nothing will come of it, then you are sadly mistaken. It's just this kind of irresponsible behavior that causes the local lawmakers to put another "anti-modification" law on the books. I sure as hell do not want my car to sound like a Buick. Nor do I want the hassle of getting an inspection to check for noise levels because someone complained about hearing a car driving around town with open headers.

So lighten up yourselves and act like responsible adults.
Oh yeah - I'd be so impressed... :rolleyes:

:)

[Modified by 70PurpleLS7, 11:04 AM 2/21/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I seem to have struck a fine balance with my side pipes. The have a deep rumble that isn't obnoxious, but it will occasionally either set of an alarm, or they'll just do a series of quick "beeps", like they're talking to each other! We have more trouble with kids "setting" (i.e. playing with) their alarms in this area :mad , than loud exhausts. Personally, since audible alarms are universally ignored, I would go with some sort of disabling or paging system.
To each his own.

Hans

Quick Reply: Set off 3 car alarms on my street last night!!!