C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price?

I'm looking to buy a set of these from the States and for obvious reasons I'd like to get the best price I can.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price? (Brutus)

Brutus, I e-mailed Jet-Hot coating a while back and here's a copy of the reply. At this price I think it might be cheaper getting the side mounts directly from them. IMHO

Len,

Yes, we do have Pre-coated sidepipe systems for Corvettes. As you would expect they are coated inside & out with our Sterling finish, and carry a lifetime warranty. This set comes with headers, sidetubes & mufflers - your choice of reverse flow or glasspack style.

Price is $1175 for a small block set(big block $1225), and that includes bolts, gaskets and shipping within the 48 states via FedEx ground.

This is NOT what you would buy from Summit, Jegs, etc. Hedman & Flowtech don’t coat the insides of the pipes. Hooker’s internal coating is merely a line of sight spray down the first few inches of the primary tubes. Which is why their warranty is only a year.

Our coating is expected to lower under-hood temperatures by 40 degrees, keeps the pipes 25% cooler and get you 1-3% extra horsepower. Of course, it's highly rust resistant as well - 140x better than paint. Because of that we expect it to increase part life be 10x or more.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me line.

Thanks

Todd Beiswenger
800-432-3379

:yesnod:
Old 02-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price? (1970 Stingray)

Len...Thanks for taking the time to help me out, but there's one small problem with my buying them pre-coated tho. I have to have the RH side bank of pipes altered to suit the RHD steering on my car. Unfortuantely it's not as easy for us over here to fit anything like this by purchasing it "over the counter".
Summit has the pipes in 'black' which suits my purpose for around $379.00. Double that and add shipping and you'll see why I'm searching for the best price possible.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:50 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price? (Brutus)

Brutus. You got MAIL. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy " Sidepipes are the way"

Get notified of new replies

To Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price?

Quick Reply: Hooker Side mount headers...Who's had the best price?