C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did !

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 12:16 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did !

FESS UP !! I know I saw em !!! :smash: :smash: :smash:

Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did !
I believe they were the earlier C4 years..the all white lens look. I got to get rid of my yellow looking ones...

and the C4 ones looked :cool:

[Modified by ylose, 10:23 AM 2/19/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:41 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did ! (ylose)

found the culprit....gwhite75 did what I was looking for !!

sweet !!!

:D
Old 02-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Noel Carboni
Pro

Default Re: Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did ! (ylose)

I mounted a set of driving lights on the nose frame behind my stock '82 grills. Enough light gets out so that other people can see the car in wet weather, so I don't have to open the main lights (the Rain-X works better with 'em closed).

Still, gwhite75's job looks very, very cool. So, what's involved?

-Noel
Old 02-21-2002, 03:28 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did ! (Noel Carboni)

heh Noel....I have the same idea....I have small driving lights that project 40% farther than normal driving lights (not fog) that are 2 inches by four .....so think small fog lights....and I have a custom polished billet mesh coming also ....I was going to put those behind the black nose vents and remove the black mesh and replace with these billet style mesh across that whole area...parking lamp too....

I am in a toss up....and GW's email may push toward your/my idea now...
he confirmed my fear of the loss of air flow....I still like his look though...

here is what he said....

Thanks. They were almost a drop in, but I had to fabricate some brackets and sockets for the fog lights, no big deal. You might be able to buy sockets now, I installed these over 10 years ago. There was a small amount of relief work to the top if the lens so it would snug up to the bottom of the bumper honeycomb support. Nothing too tuff. 3 on a scale of 10. Remember about the loss of air flow through that area though. I used to have pictures of the underside, but can't find them. This one is just a closer look at the lens.

[Modified by ylose, 1:29 PM 2/21/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did !

Quick Reply: Anyone put C4 front parking lamps in a C3 front....I know I saw one of u did !