C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Rag Top Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 11:40 AM
Bill W
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default White Rag Top Cleaning

Well, its almost spring here in the east. Any suggestions for cleaning a white rag top and not destroying the car's paint while doing it? Anybody used spray dye on a white top? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:39 PM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: White Rag Top Cleaning (Bill W)

ED T how did you dye ,top ???I have a white top on my black 66 ........its to bold a contrast & looks pimpy have been contiplating dying it black ...wonder if interior dye would work OK...IT looks grungy.......... :eek:

[Modified by StrayDog, 10:41 PM 2/19/2002]
Old 02-20-2002, 12:48 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: White Rag Top Cleaning (StrayDog)

StrayDog,
I've thought about it long and hard, my white top is in near perfect condition. But boy do I hate the way it looks. My car originally came with a black top, and a black vinyl hardtop. One of the demented former owners peeled the hardtop and painted it red (to match the color he painted the car) and put a white drop top on it. I think it looks like azz.
I have been told by the Big Boys that the brand and color to use is SEM, Black Landau vinyl dye. I haven't worked up the nerve to try it, maybe when I get so disgusted with the white top that I am ready to replace it, I'll try and dye it. I worry about it looking shiney or it cracking and peeling.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:50 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: White Rag Top Cleaning (Bill W)

I have used a product called Westly's Bleach White in the past that has always worked wonders for me.
JoeB

Get notified of new replies

To White Rag Top Cleaning

Quick Reply: White Rag Top Cleaning