C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW rear rotor rivets question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 02:18 PM
boredsoIstrokedit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW rear rotor rivets question

on my rear rotors, i dont have five holes that rivets came in, I only have three, and they don't look like rivets, they look like the back side of a stud or something solid. Does this mean i have aftermarket rotors, and if so, how do i take them off (hammer doesnt work). :confused:
Old 02-18-2002, 02:24 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: NEW rear rotor rivets question (chuckb01)

If they don't have the rivets, they probably aren't held on by anything. . Your rotor is also probably rusted to the spindle... It will eventually come off but you probably wouldn't want to use the rotor again.
Also, Your Parking brake pads are could be not allowing the rotor to come off. Just adjust your parking brake shoes in and hit with the hammer again until they come off.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:27 PM
boredsoIstrokedit
Racer

Default Re: NEW rear rotor rivets question (MikeC)

I'm NOT buying new rotors :nono: so it seems that i whould just leave the rotors on the hub and TA. I wanted to media blast everything and paint it up nice (not the rotor), but f(orget) it. It is really not that necessary.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW rear rotor rivets question

Quick Reply: NEW rear rotor rivets question