C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aircon condenser

Old 02-18-2002, 10:38 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Aircon condenser

Hi,
I know nothing about aircon so if this a really dumb question then apologies:

My aircon has never worked (not much of a problem here) & if I push any of the little pushbike tyre valve type things in, nothing comes out (should there be pressure there?). The condenser is right in the way of what I'm working on (and needs a paint), so if I was to just disconnect it & mask up the ends of the feed & return pipes, would there be any potential problems?
TIA
Paul
Old 02-18-2002, 11:04 AM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Aircon condenser (UKPaul)

It will only be a problem if you leave it like that for an extended period. As long as the system is open, you're allowing moisture to enter which can eventually cause rust. I'd recommend you spend a few dollars for fittings to close the system up instead of taping it.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:38 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Aircon condenser (FeedVaal)

I wouldn't worry too much. My system was open for several years with the compressor out of the car before I bought it. When I revived the AC, I flushed it, replaced the valves (POA and expansion), replaced O-rings and the system has worked perfectly for 3 years now. With a few tweaks the vent temps are as cold as any modern car even with R134a.

Get notified of new replies

To Aircon condenser

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aircon condenser